What's an NPN you ask? - Read this thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ok npn newbie here, if I send to upper deck in canada how many stamps do i need

Do you think they have to be actual index cards, or can you cut a piece of paper to 3x5? I have no index cards. lol

-Cory

HoBaFoo66 said:
Do you think they have to be actual index cards, or can you cut a piece of paper to 3x5? I have no index cards. lol

-Cory

Just run to your local grocery/corner store. You can usually pick up a good sized pack for $0.79 or so. ;)

Jason

Retail and Hobby

Can you send to both the retail and hobby address and not get disqualified? They have different PO boxes and sometimes even different cities. But, on the packs will say "Limit 1 request for (fill in brand here)". Anyone have any experiance with this?

Re: Retail and Hobby

31S1C said:
Can you send to both the retail and hobby address and not get disqualified? They have different PO boxes and sometimes even different cities. But, on the packs will say "Limit 1 request for (fill in brand here)". Anyone have any experiance with this?
I've sent to both hobby and retail for the same product on many occasions and have gotten cards from each, so from my experience sending to both will not disqualify you.

True, that's exactly why the NPN thing is unknown to most collectors. Interestingly enough, it used to be we could send in up to 8 requests for some products--that really helped me with 2002 Topps Heritage baseball SP's. Now I think the limit is 1 for any product. Also, if you send in for a product like Topps Retired and you are picked to get an auto through the NPN promotion, it does not come in the uncirculated holder, just a top loader. However, one collector wrote to Beckett saying Topps sent them a Stan Musial auto through the NPN offer! So you can get autos/GU, possibly something real nice but there is no guarantee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know if the odds are better or worse if you send in your 3" x 5" cards early, or just before the postmark date, or does it matter? I don't think it should matter, if they have one random drawing at the end, but wanted to solicit opinions.

2. Can you put a PO box as your address? I know for many things (rebates, etc.) PO boxes aren't allowed. I live in a gated community that doesn't allow mailboxes, so I have to have and use a PO box, but if it's absolutely necessary, I can put a friend's address as my address.

forznoles said:

1. Does anyone know if the odds are better or worse if you send in your 3" x 5" cards early, or just before the postmark date, or does it matter? I don't think it should matter, if they have one random drawing at the end, but wanted to solicit opinions.

2. Can you put a PO box as your address? I know for many things (rebates, etc.) PO boxes aren't allowed. I live in a gated community that doesn't allow mailboxes, so I have to have and use a PO box, but if it's absolutely necessary, I can put a friend's address as my address.

1. Good question i've sent in over 20 npn's and recieved one back so far and i sent in early so i wouldn't forget now i think i am going to send in just before the post mark date.
2. Doesn't say in the rules you can't.

Last edited:
forznoles said:

Good question. I live in a small town and also have a PO box. I've wondered the same thing. I usually include my street address and the PO box just to be safe.

Scott

sgbt4 said:
Good question. I live in a small town and also have a PO box. I've wondered the same thing. I usually include my street address and the PO box just to be safe.

Scott
Thanks. I sent a few out today, but I think I'll do what you suggest in the future. Like I stated before, I know for things such as coupons and rebates they sometimes don't allow PO boxes - I'm sure you've run into this yourself.

I do have another question - I noted under "FAQ" the Q&A below:

Can I send in entries for both the retail and hobby versions of the product?
No. NPNs specify that the limits are for the product overall, not on which version of the product you're mailing in an NPN for.

But what if the hobby and regular mailing addresses for the NPN are different? Then can you send in a 3"x5" card to both, or should you choose and just send to one?

forznoles said:
Thanks. I sent a few out today, but I think I'll do what you suggest in the future. Like I stated before, I know for things such as coupons and rebates they sometimes don't allow PO boxes - I'm sure you've run into this yourself.

I do have another question - I noted under "FAQ" the Q&A below:

Can I send in entries for both the retail and hobby versions of the product?
No. NPNs specify that the limits are for the product overall, not on which version of the product you're mailing in an NPN for.

But what if the hobby and regular mailing addresses for the NPN are different? Then can you send in a 3"x5" card to both, or should you choose and just send to one?

I've sent to both retail & hobby addresses where the PO box is different for the same product and have received both (not often enough though ;). If you check the postings on what Bench members have received back for NPN's, you'll see that some people do get multiple NPN's back where the limit is 1 per person.

Scott

A lot of times Topps-Bowman have different PO Boxes for each retail, hobby, jumbo and blaster box since each has different odds. I have always sent in the limit to each PO Box, as long as the PO Boxes were different and I have received more than one card many times.

hhb615 said:
Is that a for real part of getting a NPN card or is someone just yanking their chains, eh?

No yanking. Canadian law considers the "odds of finding inserts", sweepstakes, giveaways and such, as gambling. To skirt around the issue, Canadians must complete the "skill question" in order to participate in the drawing. America is truely the land of the free!!

MEATWAGONPUNK!!

I know this is a stupid question but I have to ask. Do I need to send an envelope IN my envelope? Or do I just send an envelope with only a 3x5 card in it?

There are no stupid questions. The Universe abounds with questions waiting to be answered. No need to send an envelope inside the envelpoe (SASE?). All you need to send is your name, address hand printed on the index card inside a number 10 business sized envelope. If it IS being sent to Upper Deck include your email addy with your name and address. Good Luck!

MEATWAGONPUNK!!