Would like to hear your thoughts about possibly adding a few more forum sections..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I think it's a great idea. I'm mostly sports cards and memorabilia (my PC players and teams), but i've also gotten into those Funko Pops, and different movie memorabilia, etc. 40 years from now (i'll be 80), i'll hopefully be retired, and i'll need more to keep me busy, ha ha. Other's passions and hobbies are fascinating sometimes, you just never know what you're gonna come across. I'm all for new forums...have at it!

Josh

My collection has all sorts of different memorabilia in it. And I have several other collections, not sports related, geocoins & pathtags from geocaching, shot glasses, zippo lighters...yeah, I have all sorts of junk! 🤣🤣🤣 So, I could make use of many different types of forums like what you are thinking about.

Would these be things for sale as well as trading. I have many viynl records that I would like to sell. Not only viynl, but the material that preceded viynl, like records for the 40's. And some souvenier decks of cards, from vacation spots and other places.

I don’t collect anything really besides sports cards. It is fun to see what other people collect, so I am sure I would browse and read.

I don;t know how many people are interested in that kinda stuff. I know that the forums here are something I don;t use much anymore, because this is for the most part a baseball collector's site. I would be more in favor of drawing in more people with a bigger interest in other sports. In fact, I don't think I've used this site in quite a while for anything other than selling/ trading baseball stuff I'd ended up with (I dont collect baseball). I kinda don;t see new topics/ sections bein all that big. Look at the Misc and Memorabilia Area on the forums. Not a lot of action. Dunno why I've typed so much when ultimately my response is that I'm pretty indifferent. :)

Non-Sports cards would be great. Card collecting involves all sports so why not non-sport cards also.

Would these be things for sale as well as trading. I have many viynl records that I would like to sell. Not only viynl, but the material that preceded viynl, like records for the 40's. And some souvenier decks of cards, from vacation spots and other places.

Yeah, it would be a place to buy/sale/trade. Even to show off what you have in your collection.

Yes to many of the suggestions. If they don’t get much traffic move them into a general section. Nothing would be lost by trying it. Great idea

All the members have great ideas. I echo that anything increasing traffic is positive. I personally think a coin thread would be beneficial especially with the way the economy is going.

Trade on!

I like all of the suggestions above. I recently sold a big box of Transformers locally. But I have some more of the items mentioned and other avenues for selling or trading would be great. I would like to suggest trains to the list but maybe that would be in a miscellaneous category?

My Cardinals collection includes bobbleheads, pocket schedules, autographed baseballs, and in person autographed cards. Would be happy to share with others what I have.

I like all of the suggestions above. I recently sold a big box of Transformers locally. But I have some more of the items mentioned and other avenues for selling or trading would be great. I would like to suggest trains to the list but maybe that would be in a miscellaneous category?

You will need to allow me to possibly see and buy what you still have for the Transformers!! :)

I am obviously in the minority, but I don't feel like we need more categories. We have a non sports section, which covers magic and poke.on and whatever else. We have a misc category which covers toys and records and comics. Making a whole new category for the 1 or 2 people who want to try and trade their comic books seems overkill.

There are, imo, too many categories as it is.

That being said, if nutt has a pair of optimus hands...

I like the idea of trying to increase traffic, but please do not lose focus of what The Bench is all about, the premier trading site on the net.

If you clarify or rename some of the existing non-sports categories and promote them more, then that would be great.

Just be sure that you staff the MOD group appropriately so that you can review the influx of new members and potential scammers. The number one priority of the site should be a safe place for our members to trade, sell and be part of a safe online community.

I also collect shot glasses from all of the different cities that I visit.

Thanks and good luck. Let me know what I can do to help.