08 Heroes case break discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
OK everyone.

Let's use this thread for discussions pertaining to the case break.

Post away!

edit: Chavezforprez made his selection and I have PM'd David37373 that he is on the clock.
edit: David and HDJ have made thier selections and I have PM'd travistrue

Last edited:
Sadly, not a single interesting Winfield in the whole break, so whatever I end up with is completely up for trade for Winfield stuff. Maybe I should just start a Tom Gorzelanny collection. Who knows, he might end up in Japan in a year or too when no MLB team wants him and he's not ready to play in the Atlantic League or Mexico....

I almost took the Felix auto #/10 but realized the Jeter was worth 3x more...

Although I already have one of those exact same Jeters in my PC I picked it over the Griffey because there are 280 Griffey autos in this product and only 140 Jeters...of course these figures are from Beckett and could easily be way off...I did factor in the #/5 part but still figured the Jeter would fetch more in a sale, which is where this one will go...

Also, I still have a hard time seeing Griffey in anything but a Mariners uniform...if Griffey was in an M's uniform it would have been no contest...straight to my HOF PC...

Lastly, I still have a standing offer to buy ($40 paypal) the Felix auto #/10 from whoever picks it...There's one on ebay right now (same guy has one to #/15 as well) but if I can get it from a fellow Bench member I'd like it better...plus, I would guess our breakmaster would be happy to send it with my Jeter, once the payment is made...win-win...

My pick was made, and I pm'd hdjstuff that he's next.

Also I know someone mentioned getting scans on the cards (hits) and a couple people said its not necessary... I kind of think if he has a scanner where you can fit 9 cards, it would be nice in future case breaks.. as for time, I don't think it would be much longer to do 4 scans (9 cards each = 36 of the hits) instead of typing 36 players/serial numbers. But again it would be nice, and isn't needed.

after all 30 picks are made, what happens to the auto or gu that are left??

LOL, I'm gonna laugh when Tom Gorzellany tosses a no-hitter and those AUTOS become overnight $25+ ebay sensations.:)

Tim

With only 3 picks in front of me, there will definately be a /5 or /10 card left. Noone would have thought that. If anyone dying for a card, PM me an offer, I might snag it for you, if the card I want gets taken in next 3 picks.

Guess the picks have slowed down, people not in front of their computers apparently. That gonna be weird if arod in the 30th spot gets 3 GU/Autos by picking a certain team with a certain player whose 2 of 3 cards won't be taken in 1st round.

Sorry about the delay guys. I've been anticipating this all day and then a friend dropped in on me and I couldn't get away.

It's all good, most people have taken some time to make their picks, can't be sitting around waiting for your pick all day.

Thanks. I thought about the Carlos Lee but after the McCann was gone I really didn't care. I've always liked Zimmerman and don't have anything nice of him.