20 Questions contest - Round 5 LIVE...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Made before 1995?

no

Topps product?

no

do i get a replacement question? :D

paul

yes

round 4 -
prize pool for this round :
1987 topps barry bonds rookie
1999 topps donovan mcnabb rookie

Q1 - mj23bullsfan - baseball card ? no
Q2 - mrknicks - base card ? no
Q3 - Dalberov - football card ? yes
Q4 - plopowitz - offensive player ? yes
Q5 - cincikid - AFC player ? yes
Q6 - dragonslayer913 - QB ? yes
Q7 - baseball24 - made after 2000 ? no
Q8 - mm1sub - made after 2005 ? no
Q9 - chief wahoo - starting qb in super bowl ? yes
Q10 - grapler135s - made after 1990 ? yes
Q11 - mintman2 - HOFer ? yes
Q12 - plopowitz - made before 1995 ? no
Q13 - baseball24 - topps product ? no
Q14 - mj23bullsfan - do i get a replacement Q ? yes

hehe..just kidding with Q14 there - we are really still only at 13.......but seriously , mj , yes you get another question and obviously asking that does not use it up :D

also , remember that when submitting a GUESS i need the following : year , brand , set , card number , and player name (ie , 1979 topps 500 terry bradshaw or 1992 fleer all-stars 16 barry larkin)

Is this a parallel ?

no

round 4 -

Q14 - dragonslayer913 - parallel ? no

also , remember that when submitting a GUESS i need the following : year , brand , set , card number , and player name (ie , 1979 topps 500 terry bradshaw or 1992 fleer all-stars 16 barry larkin)

So after 14 questions we don't even know the player's name - and there's more than a couple hof's on late 90's cards

Late 90's ? Could be anything from 1996-2000 !

Don't even know the brand - could be donruss? score? pinnacle? action packed? madden? leaf?

And then, which insert set ?

I'm not trying to be negative nelly but I've tried to play along and there's just wayyyyy too many variables for 20 questions. Usually the game is "I'm thinking of a person...." or "I'm thinking of a movie.....". I love the concept of 20 questions as a contest but seems to me that player/year/brand/manufacturer/insert set/card # is simply too much.

For this round I'll play along though.....

Question - Is it Elway ?

So after 14 questions we don't even know the player's name - and there's more than a couple hof's on late 90's cards

Late 90's ? Could be anything from 1996-2000 !

Don't even know the brand - could be donruss? score? pinnacle? action packed? madden? leaf?

And then, which insert set ?

I'm not trying to be negative nelly but I've tried to play along and there's just wayyyyy too many variables for 20 questions. Usually the game is "I'm thinking of a person...." or "I'm thinking of a movie.....". I love the concept of 20 questions as a contest but seems to me that player/year/brand/manufacturer/insert set/card # is simply too much.

For this round I'll play along though.....

Question - Is it Elway ?

yes

as for your issues ....it's not supposed to be EASY....i want it to be a challenge....also , the limit of 20 questions means people need to cooperate....i don't mean get together and compare notes , but at least follow the rule i posted (wait for an answer before posting the next question) and then even more important , actually pay attention to those already asked....use them wisely and ask questions that eliminate a high percentage of possible answers in one fell swoop....in most cases , if the right questions are posed , the player should be able to be figured out within 9-12 questions and then the card itself within the remaining questions....anyway , i do apologize if you or anyone else thinks it's too difficult to solve within 20 questions....maybe i'll change it to unlimited questions and just make the prize a decoy card from an unknown upper deck product..... :p

round 4 -

Q15 - mintman2 = john elway ? yes

"use them wisely and ask questions that eliminate a high percentage of possible answers in one fell swoop"

Or get lucky with a guess .... like Elway :p

"use them wisely and ask questions that eliminate a high percentage of possible answers in one fell swoop"

Or get lucky with a guess .... like Elway :p

Good guess... or you may have concluded, based on previous clues, that Elway was the only AFC, superbowl-playin, HOF QB, between the target period...:D Well done!!!

I apologize....i forgot about Kelly!!! Didn't realize he was in the hall of fame for losing in four super bowls...lol

Pete

Last edited:
Good guess... or you may have concluded, based on previous clues, that Elway was the only AFC, superbowl-playin, HOF QB, between the target period...:D Well done!!!

I apologize....i forgot about Kelly!!! Didn't realize he was in the hall of fame for losing in four super bowls...lol

Pete

remember , the part about being an afc player and starting a super bowl in no way guaranteed that he started for the AFC in said super bowl .....also , the fact the years for the card were narrowed to a very short time frame didnt guarantee he played during that time frame : in fact there is nothing that says the card had to feature an active player in the year it was made.....as such , my list of POSSIBLE QB's already in the hall of fame , who started a super bowl , and played in the AFC at some point still had 9 names on it (dawson , namath , unitas , griese , bradshaw , montana , marino , elway , and kelly) and i'd almost guarantee that with all the throwback/retro/reprint sets made from 1995-2000 they ALL had at least one card during those years....

actually, i was thinking jim kelly. but anyways, here's my 2nd question....

is it an upper deck product?

yes

round 4 -

Q16 - mj23bullsfan - upper deck product ? yes

remember , the part about being an afc player and starting a super bowl in no way guaranteed that he started for the AFC in said super bowl .....also , the fact the years for the card were narrowed to a very short time frame didnt guarantee he played during that time frame : in fact there is nothing that says the card had to feature an active player in the year it was made.....as such , my list of POSSIBLE QB's already in the hall of fame , who started a super bowl , and played in the AFC at some point still had 9 names on it (dawson , namath , unitas , griese , bradshaw , montana , marino , elway , and kelly) and i'd almost guarantee that with all the throwback/retro/reprint sets made from 1995-2000 they ALL had at least one card during those years....

Good point, and good analysis, Claude!!!!!

Like I said, LUCKY GUESS ! :)

Upper Deck ? YES ! Another blind squirrel finds a nut. LOL

I don't remember the rules. Can I ask another question ?
Is the card post 1997 ? (meaning 98 - 2000)

Last edited:
Like I said, LUCKY GUESS ! :)

I don't remember the rules. Can I ask another question ?
Is the card post 1997 ? (meaning 98 - 2000)

1 per 24 hours....you have roughly 2 more hours to wait....

1992 Upperdeck John Elway? Best regards, David

no....

Is it a game-used ?

no

round 4 -

Q16 - mj23bullsfan - upper deck product ? yes
Q17 - dragonslayer913 - game used ? no

G1 - David K - 1992 Upperdeck John Elway ? no