and when you thought it couldnt get any worse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I like a good prospect as much as the next guy, but these prices don't make sense. If he was better than the best five pitchers of all time, combined, I don't see this price making sense. How much could you get a Ruth cut auto for? Is he going to impact baseball more than Ruth, Williams, Mays, Aaron, etc.? I just don't get it.:confused:

I like a good prospect as much as the next guy, but these prices don't make sense. If he was better than the best five pitchers of all time, combined, I don't see this price making sense. How much could you get a Ruth cut auto for? Is he going to impact baseball more than Ruth, Williams, Mays, Aaron, etc.? I just don't get it.:confused:

+1. I'm excited about how well he's doing, but $34,000 for a prospect card is insane. Congrats to the seller, though.

John

Exactly. Even if he becomes the greatest pitcher in MLB history, this card will STILL not be worth $35,000 (and counting!!!).

I question if it will sell in the end, or at least for the ending price at least.

This type of card tends to garner fake bids as well. Often you'll see big money cards being reported as selling for less than auction prices because after all the jokers are weeded out and the real buyers step up, the price is much less.

This is one reason on a MUCH, MUCH smaller scale that I generally don't accept 2nd chance offers on items. I look at it this way...my bid would not be that high had the high bidder not only outbid me, but raise my bid from where it was to being 2nd highest. Why should I pay extra for a bidder who failed to pay?

For example: Let's say there are 3 bids on an item. Bidder A bids $6.18. I'm bidder B and I bid $32.00. By ebay proxy rules, I become high bidder at $6.68. Let's stay I remain high bidder until I am sniped by bidder C. In the end, the item sells for $33.00. Bidder C fails to pay and now the seller happily offers me a 2nd chance bid of $32.00! Now why would I pay $32 for the card when clearly I would have won it for $6.68 had it not been for bidder C, who for all I know could be a shill bidder in disguise!

After all is said and done --- We're all just jealous because we didn't pull the card and list it. :) :D :)

Is it worth that much -- NO!!
If somebody offered us that much, would we sell it --- YES!!!

After all is said and done --- We're all just jealous because we didn't pull the card and list it. :) :D :)

Is it worth that much -- NO!!
If somebody offered us that much, would we sell it --- YES!!!

I'm not jealous of buyer or seller! Your always trying to put everyone in the same boat!

And you're saying that if you pulled the card and someone offered you $30,000+ for the card in today's market you would turn it down. Is it worth that much -- no, in my opinion, it isn't. But given the oppurtunity I can't think of many people that would turn the offer down. But there are exceptions to every rule.