Break Complete!!! 2020 Historic Autos Retro-Graphs Random Divisions Group Box Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey Mike...........What if a Montreal Expo player appears in the break? He would be considered NL east, correct? Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, just curious..........LMK what you think as this is fun to speculate...........Mike

Hey Mike...........What if a Montreal Expo player appears in the break? He would be considered NL east, correct? Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, just curious..........LMK what you think as this is fun to speculate...........Mike

Yeah that is what I was thinking...if we get an old school team we would figure out what team that turned into and then it would go to whoever had that teams current division. If there is something really wacky like a team that can’t be traced to a current team we would just randomize that card to everybody. That was what I was thinking but would be open to doing it a different way if everybody wanted to do something different.

Thanks,
Mike

not to speak for mike , but i would say yes , not because the expos WERE in the NL east , but because they became the nationals who still ARE in that division...

if this had players prior to the 50's i could see the possibility of defunct teams coming into play but since the sell sheet notes only players going back to the 50's i think it will be fairly easy to figure what team evolved into what new team (just dont be too confused by the 2 different washington senator franchises)...

not to speak for mike , but i would say yes , not because the expos WERE in the NL east , but because they became the nationals who still ARE in that division...

if this had players prior to the 50's i could see the possibility of defunct teams coming into play but since the sell sheet notes only players going back to the 50's i think it will be fairly easy to figure what team evolved into what new team (just dont be too confused by the 2 different washington senator franchises)...

Absolutely...this break will definitely require some active participation to make sure we are designating the cards to the right current team/division! :) I think it will be fun I am looking forward to it!

Mike

1978 Milwaukee Brewers Don Money, AL East............Would this be considered NL Central? There are hundreds of possibilities! Cool with these types of breaks..........

Okay guys I am going to plan on randomizing the divisions tomorrow Thursday 6/4 @ 5:45 PST.

Good luck to all!

Mike

Last edited:
my thoughts on the idea proposed by luis....

personally im not in favor or a limit , but if we do use oneci would suggest a minimum of 10 and definitely not just 7 or 8...my logic is simple...with 40 cards and only 6 people the odds say with perfect collation everyone would get 6 cards and 4 people woukd get a 7th...realistically there will likely be a division or two with 10 cards but that still leaves 30 among the other 5 divisions ( or 20 among 4 if there are 2 divisions with 10)...based on the average result of 6 or 7 cards i just dont see getting 10 as a huge disparity...

just my 2 cents.....

ps - payment should be there later tonight...

my thoughts on the idea proposed by luis....

personally im not in favor or a limit , but if we do use oneci would suggest a minimum of 10 and definitely not just 7 or 8...my logic is simple...with 40 cards and only 6 people the odds say with perfect collation everyone would get 6 cards and 4 people woukd get a 7th...realistically there will likely be a division or two with 10 cards but that still leaves 30 among the other 5 divisions ( or 20 among 4 if there are 2 divisions with 10)...based on the average result of 6 or 7 cards i just dont see getting 10 as a huge disparity...

just my 2 cents.....

ps - payment should be there later tonight...

Sure. My whole problem would be with someone getting 14 cards and someone getting one or two........just trying to balance the result if it happens to be disproportionately in favor of any of the divisions.

NL Central......the potential is limitless: Sixto Lezcano, Jerry Morales, Jose Oquendo, Juan Nieves, Manny Sanguillen, Ivan DeJesus,.......can’t wait.