BSL Draft is Complete....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....good (or bad) news depending how you look at it.

The game automatically scheduled and ran inaugural drafts for AAA and AA so everyone's systems will be full (each team should have to actually cut some players to be under the roster limits, so we'll have free agents available as well).

The upside is, no 'ghost' players. The downside is that we have a lot of computer-generated players thrust into our game. However, there is no way around this. I had the correct setting but it did not 'listen' to me. Must be a programming glitch.

Bottom line, all teams will have FULL MLB/AAA/AA rosters when it is all said an done. Between the max 25MLB/25AAA/35AA roster limits, I am going to have to release 8 players to stay at that limit, so I assume most franchises will be within a player or two of that as well.

So....good (or bad) news depending how you look at it.

The game automatically scheduled and ran inaugural drafts for AAA and AA so everyone's systems will be full (each team should have to actually cut some players to be under the roster limits, so we'll have free agents available as well).

The upside is, no 'ghost' players. The downside is that we have a lot of computer-generated players thrust into our game. However, there is no way around this. I had the correct setting but it did not 'listen' to me. Must be a programming glitch.

Bottom line, all teams will have FULL MLB/AAA/AA rosters when it is all said an done. Between the max 25MLB/25AAA/35AA roster limits, I am going to have to release 8 players to stay at that limit, so I assume most franchises will be within a player or two of that as well.

I just checked and the only team showing full roster is the Royals. What am I missing? I refreshed pages and same results.

Cory's roster is full because he currently has control of the .lg file, So his team changes have been made already. Once the file is up, you as the owner, will be responsible for placing who you want on the 25 man roster and where you would like your minor league players, SO technically you are in control of your dudes, They just arent showing on any of your active roster.

I'm uploading the zip file now...it will take quite a while to download as it is almost half a gigabyte! This one-time download includes all the images, etc. From this point on, your downloads in-game are much smaller (and hopefully faster).

I will provide the link once it is complete. I want to type out some roster moves advice beforehand.

Cory

I'm uploading the zip file now...it will take quite a while to download as it is almost half a gigabyte! This one-time download includes all the images, etc. From this point on, your downloads in-game are much smaller (and hopefully faster).

I will provide the link once it is complete. I want to type out some roster moves advice beforehand.

Cory

Sweeet!! Looking forward to getting started and playing.. I
will keep an eye out for the link... Thanks again Cory and Nick!!

Alright folks, the file is ready.

PLEASE follow the instructions I posted on the example website we linked earlier. This file you download has to be unzipped/extracted to the saved_games directory (you will see all your other saved leagues have folders as well)

At that point, once the .lg folder is in the correct spot, you can close everything and OPEN THE ACTUAL GAME.

Load the Bench Sim League file....set the password, etc as per my example page. Don't forget your password!

The first and most important thing you will want to do is go to your major league team, and find the waivers/dfa section. The DFA (designated for assignment) section will have a lot of drafted players listed. It is your responsibility to assign them to MLB/AAA/AA. Any player already at a level can be moved. The game will warn you if you try to place a player with a major league deal on a minor league team.

Keep in mind that ONLY the 40 players on your 40-man roster are protected from the rule-5 draft in December. Obviously, a lot will move between now and then, but also realize that EVERY player on the 40-man roster has a MLB contract (even if playing in minors) and is accruing service time towards arbitration.

IT IS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO KEEP MINOR LEAGUE PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT ON THE 40-MAN ROSTER OUT OF THE MAJORS AND OFF THE 40-man roster. Starting arbitration clocks = expensive...plus they will leave town sooner.

For spring training, you can expand your active roster up to 40 players, however, all 40 must be on the 40-man roster (therefore having MLB deals). I would recommend just at this point, set 25 on the active roster, 25 on AAA roster, 35 on AA roster, and release the remaining players. Keep in mind those are the maximum limits allowed, and that ALL teams WILL be releasing players.

On another note...NEVER moved a player to DFA, Waivers, or drag to release UNLESS YOU WANT THEM GONE. We cannot and WILL NOT reverse this. Double, triple check what you want to do before you do it!

http://www.benchsimleague.com/MASTER/The Bench Sim League.zip

Once you set your 25/25/35, you can feel free to mess around with your other options, especially lineups, depth charts, and pitching. It's all drag and drop...

After you're all said and done, go to your manager homepage and export to FTP. Then POST HERE that you have done so. At that point, do not make any further changes until we have verified any issues.

Cory

Cory

I am totally lost have no clue what i am doing

were is this file on the website

First, you will need to download the Bench Sim League.lg file that I provide on the website.

Is there a time frame we should be working toward? I cannot do this over the next couple of nights due to work obligations. LMK and thanks!

Chris

I am totally lost have no clue what i am doing

were is this file on the website

First, you will need to download the Bench Sim League.lg file that I provide on the website.

The link in the post Cory just made in this thread is the .lg file. It will start downloading once you click it.

Is there a time frame we should be working toward? I cannot do this over the next couple of nights due to work obligations. LMK and thanks!

Chris

Probably want to be in-game at least by Thursday/Friday...we'll have a few trial runs with uploads (and you all downloading the results, etc).

Cory

Just finished downloading the file and copied it to my desktop.

One question before I start: I'm utilizing our league on a Mac laptop. Instead of the "My Computer" and everything in the screen shots for a PC, where would I go to find it on a Mac?

Just finished downloading the file and copied it to my desktop.

One question before I start: I'm utilizing our league on a Mac laptop. Instead of the "My Computer" and everything in the screen shots for a PC, where would I go to find it on a Mac?

If I had a mac, I would know....I haven't touched a mac in about a decade.

Wherever the game creates the saved game files...you may have to do some searching around. The primary folder is Out of the Park Developments on my PC. You could probably do a search for folders named saved_games

EDIT: Looks like Library/Application Support/etc

If I had a mac, I would know....I haven't touched a mac in about a decade.

Wherever the game creates the saved game files...you may have to do some searching around. The primary folder is Out of the Park Developments on my PC. You could probably do a search for folders named saved_games

EDIT: Looks like Library/Application Support/etc

Ah, thanks Cory. I would never have found that one on my own, I was searching for a while and came up empty.

Just to be sure, I take the "Bench Sim League" folder that I just downloaded and drag it into the "Saved Games" box to copy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.