BSL Draft is Complete....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OOTP12 just went back to the demo version for no reason. I had to re-enter the product code and everything, and now there's nothing in the "Load Game" option anymore.

If I re-install the .lg file and do the process over again, will it have any effect on the file I just exported or anything?

Nick...just download the zip but do not modify anything...once i push the update later this week your changes will be there

Just send the one ftp right now...plenty of chances to change before games....and please do not offer any extensiond or free agent contracts yet

Oops... You didn't say no extensions or FA offers... Should I cancel them and resend my FTP file again...

If I cancel them, the players will get upset and will be harder to
negotiate with.. past experience!!

Let me know.. Kendall

Nick...just download the zip but do not modify anything...once i push the update later this week your changes will be there

So I should do all the processes up to the actual game part? (Download file, drag folder into saved games folder, etc.)

Nick - Yes. Since you had already Exported your changes to FTP Once we run a sim with all teams Exported FTP files and update the league info on the sitee, The next time you Download League Info in SOftware your changes will be there.

Sounds good, thanks for the info guys!

Not sure why my OOTP reverted to the demo all of a sudden, hopefully it won't happen again.

All right, just got everything downloaded and back to where it should be.

Thanks again for the help!

Cleveland is in the game. I logged in and am setting my roster. One question I have is about my pitching staff. Do I need to move the players from AAA to the majors? My batting order is set but my staff is a disaster. I also see players on my payroll but they are not on my roster when I look at my home page.

Please help!!

Last edited:
Cleveland is in the game. I logged in and am setting my roster. One question I have is about my pitching staff. Do I need to move the players from AAA to the majors? My batting order is set but my staff is a disaster. I also see players on my payroll but they are not on my roster when I look at my home page.

Please help!!

Bryon,
Down on the bottom right were your team name is you'll see a clip board icon click on it-it will pull up your rosters on the top in the red tool bar is a Waivers&DFA tab click on it and on the left under players designated for assignment right click each player choose transaction and you can send them to ML roster 40 man roster AAA or AA

Best,
David
GM Angels

Question...

I made some changes in my lineups. Now I export the file.
Before the sim is run I want to make more changes, do I need to check for updates?

Because the file exported with the changes isn't on my pc won't I lose those changes on my end when I log off OOTP on my pc.

Bryon,
Down on the bottom right were your team name is you'll see a clip board icon click on it-it will pull up your rosters on the top in the red tool bar is a Waivers&DFA tab click on it and on the left under players designated for assignment right click each player choose transaction and you can send them to ML roster 40 man roster AAA or AA

Best,
David
GM Angels

I got it!! My rosters are set. 25/25/35. Is there anything else I need to do?

Question...

Before the sim is run I want to make more changes, do I need to check for updates?

Because the file exported with the changes isn't on my pc won't I lose those changes on my end when I log off OOTP on my pc.

Pete,
I asked Cory the same question earlier he said to only send the file just once.

Best,
David
GM-Angels

Question...

Pete - when you exit ootp, it will save whatever changes you have made to your computer...the export is essentially just a copy of what you've done, sent to a server.

We will have multiple chances for roster changes, lineups, rotations, free agents, waivers, etc before even spring training. I don't expect any 'games' being simmed within a week, probably 2. Lots of learning to do, as we can all see from this thread. Plus, I need to train Nick regarding what all needs done to run the league.

My main goal at this time is to get everyone set up so they can adjust their rosters and set lineups/rotations.

I would recommend people can change the following:

-Roster Moves (25/25/35)
-You can place players on waivers if you wish (move player to DFA and ALSO drag to waivers)
-Ticket Price Changes
-Team Strategy Changes

What I would NOT like teams to do right now
-Offer Extensions
-Send offer to free agents
-anything else NOT listed on the first list.

Ok, I think my roster is set and FTP'ed. I made a few minor screw ups for myself I'm chalking up to a learning curve, that's what I get for not reading all the way through.

Teams I am missing before first review:

BAL, CLE, COL, HOU, LAD, MIL, MIN, NYM, PIT, SF, STL

Then we can get the next phase going.

I have a couple of guys that were drafted that are not yet at their highest potential star rating (ie. one guy has 2 stars but his potential is 2 1/2 stars). Does this mean they still need some more seasoning and I should be placing those guys in the minors?

I have a couple of guys that were drafted that are not yet at their highest potential star rating (ie. one guy has 2 stars but his potential is 2 1/2 stars). Does this mean they still need some more seasoning and I should be placing those guys in the minors?

Tough to say. If they're older (approaching 30) they may never develop fully to their potential. I had a guy in the last league (Carlos Pena) that had great potential but just never developed and was a terrible ML player. I held onto him for a couple years hoping he'd be a late bloomer at age 28 or so, but it never happened.

Younger guys might have a better chance to improve with some time in the minors, but I guess that's not guaranteed either. Guess it's just kind of hit and miss so it's probably worth trying a stint in the minors to see what happens. I'd demote them if they're under 25 or so.

Eric

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.