BSL Helper...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cory,

I will try and help him tomorrow evening. I know he works until 4pm EST.

Ron

Mike - Call me after 4pm and I will try and help you out.

Last edited:
I am planning on running the sim Sunday afternoon/evening. If you guys can try to get him set up and exported by then, that would be great. I won't have access other than forums as I will be out of town.

Cory,

When I open the saved games folder, there is no folder with a .lg extension. Do I need to create one or should there be one already? I'm sorry that this has been such a mess....

Mike

Hang in there Mike, I just got a new pc this winter and I bugged Cory for a couple of days before I got this right and I think I just got lucky to get it then. Once it goes all together it is worth it. Pat

Thanks Pat. This is frustrating and I may be the most computer illiterate person ever! I'm hoping to figure this out by tonight..

Mike

Thanks Pat. This is frustrating and I may be the most computer illiterate person ever! I'm hoping to figure this out by tonight..

Mike

Ha, you are not even close to being the most computer illiterate person here, believe me, you have a way to go to catch me. You will get it.

I got the .lg extension file unzipped and into the saved_games folder, but when I load the game, there is nothing there. Completely confused!

Yes, I have tried to go to load game and after I do that, it does not show saved games (there are no folders)...What next?

My thanks to Kendall for his assistance in working out the kinks, but sadly, we still cannot figure out what the hang up is. Maybe Cory should export Texas to get things going and I can jump in when we figure out this mess. Again, thanks Kendall. I appreciate your help and look forward to playing in the league with you and the other guys.

Mike - Kendall knows way more than me. Hope he helps you gets things going. If not, we may have to talk you down from the roof. :)

It will get fixed. Your not the first one to have trouble.

Ron

Getting ready to head out of town and saw this last thread...

The folder you unzip has to read exactly as follows

The Bench Sim League.lg

Spaces, periods, capitalization and all.

When you have that exact folder in place, double click it, it should be full of other folders temp,settings, replays, etc as well as a lot of (whatever.dat) files.

If you have it unzipped and it is not showing when you go to load the game, odds are it is not titled correctly, or is not in the saved_games folder.

I will address this further on Sunday when I return if you guys can't get him up and running by then.

I spoke with Mike twice on the phone and tried to get him setup..
Cory might be able to walk him through more.. Mike said that he can wait until after next sim to take over since this in just the spring training sim and doesn't want to hold up the league.

Kendall

I talked to Mike as well. It sounds like it might be best if he removes everything and puts it all back on. Cory knows way more about this than I do so maybe he can help out.

Again, he said just go ahead and run the next SIM as he doesn't want to hold the entire league up at this point.

Ron

I spoke with Mike twice on the phone and tried to get him setup..
Cory might be able to walk him through more.. Mike said that he can wait until after next sim to take over since this in just the spring training sim and doesn't want to hold up the league.

Kendall

Trust me, I'd love to see a sim today:), but it's a good time for Mike to get set-up now before the season is upon us. This way he will have time to evaluate his roster and maybe make some free agent bids to build a better team before the season starts.