Case Break 08 UD Heroes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
$1.17

I don't need more money as i factored in suprise costs as part of the $30. I did contact paypal asking why they are taking fees for balance transfers. it says on their site no fees for payments coming from paypal balance.

It depends on how it is sent.

The money can be sent as a Gift or Goods. Goods have a fee attached to them, which includes buyer protection. Gift has no fees and no protection whatsoever.

Like I said, not a big deal. But it's good to know for future breaks.

No need to send extra money. BUT please put a note with your screen name.

Thanks for everyones payments already.

The PM said "Cash" so I sent it as "cash advance" (Now I know that was in reference to "no CCs"). Let me know if I messed it up.

Mike

I don't want to get 30 gift payments. I'm sure that will raise a red flag and my account might be locked.

I don't want to get 30 gift payments. I'm sure that will raise a red flag and my account might be locked.

Why would that raise a flag? It's a choice by the sender whether or not they want protection. I think there's always a fee otherwise, but a greater fee if the funds come from a credit card.

Maybe someone can clarify this?

-Chad

Because it's a way to circumvent paypal's fees. They want to get paid for their service.

Why would that raise a flag? It's a choice by the sender whether or not they want protection. I think there's always a fee otherwise, but a greater fee if the funds come from a credit card.

Maybe someone can clarify this?

-Chad

Can you add "PAID" next to each name as the money rolls in, so we can relentlessly hound the last couple of people to pay? :)

When i get home i'll do that. I'm on my phone and when i go to edit a post i can't scroll in the editing part of the screen.

Because it's a way to circumvent paypal's fees. They want to get paid for their service.

If there was something wrong with using the service, they wouldn't offer it.

Edit: I did a bit more digging and found this information on the Paypal site. I don't see the big issue with sending a "personal payment".

Sending money – Personal payments:

It's free within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the U.S. is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you send. For example, if you send $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30). For personal payments, the sender can pay the fee or pass it on to the recipient. If the recipient doesn't want to pay the fee, they can choose not to accept the payment.

Receiving money – Personal payments:

It's free to receive money from friends or family in the U.S. when they send the money from the PayPal website using only their PayPal balance or their bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

If you receive a personal payment made from a debit card or credit card, the sender has the option to pay the fee or pass it on to you. If you don't want to pay the fee, you can choose not to accept the payment.

If the fee is passed to you, it is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive. For example, if you are sent $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30).

This fee also applies if you click Request Money on the PayPal website and request money from friends and family. The fee applies if your friend or family member pays you using only their PayPal balance or their bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

Goods and services – Purchase payments:
There’s no fee to use PayPal to purchase goods or services. However, if you receive money for goods or services (such as from selling an item on eBay), the fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive.

The payment types for a purchase are:
Services: to pay for things like your internet service.
Goods: to pay for non-eBay goods.
eBay Items: to pay for your eBay purchases.

The payment types for a personal payment are:
Gift: to send money as a gift, like for a birthday.
Payment Owed: to pay your friend back for your share of a dinner bill, or to other item that your friend paid for you.
Cash Advance: payment not involving the purchase of goods or services. Your credit card provider may charge fees for a cash advance.

Living Expense: to pay for things like rent or utilities.
Other: for other reasons that aren't a purchase of goods or services.
Note: Unfortunately, we’ve had to stop allowing personal payments to be sent to and from India. If you’re sending money for a personal payment to India, we ask that you find another way to pay until we’re able to restore personal payments to this area.

Last edited:
Guys if a spot opens up or maybe 2 I will jump right in
and send payment same day
CHAMPS: Please PM if one opens up or someone slow pays
Thanks

Got Pm and paypal cash issued! Think Purple! Best regards, David

David,

Did you sent to the correct address? There are underscores between the words in my email. paypal shows no payment from you.

Thanks,
Peter

Craig, if something opens up I will let you know.

Cancelled first payment as unclaimed...issued another one. I hope you get this time..don't know how to underline paypal address...only under line the empty spaces. So I hope it works. Best regards, David

Status
Not open for further replies.