Case Break 08 UD Heroes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still undecided after reading about it yesterday morning. Low numbered inserts as part of the hit pool is making it more tempting.

As I've never been a part of a case break, I have a question. Say it's the second round and I pick 'Braves', does that mean I get ALL the Braves from the break (besides any Braves hits that were taken in Round 1, of course)?
Sorry if this is obvious.

Thanks,
Mike

As I've never been a part of a case break, I have a question. Say it's the second round and I pick 'Braves', does that mean I get ALL the Braves from the break (besides any Braves hits that were taken in Round 1, of course)?
Sorry if this is obvious.

Thanks,
Mike

That is correct, all remaining cards for that team are yours. The only problem comes with multi player/teams on 1 card...but I explained that in the 1st post.

HALF WAY THERE!!!

Last edited:
just reading through the thread. I to think the purple insert should be a "hit". I have cracked ALOT of cases of these and sometimes there isn't even a purple in the case. It goes the other way also. I have had 6-7 hits in box before. Man I love this product.

FYI, there are no plates from this product...

I'll take a spot though. Maybe that purple Felix Pie will show up!!!

why are the slots $30 each if the case is only $669.99 with free 2 day shipping?
$30 x 30 = $900?

With supplies, postage, and paypal figured in shouldn't it be around $25?

Just curious how this works? Other breaks i've been involved with are done on an exact cost sort of thing...usually the 2nd slot you purcahse in a break is cheaper than the first due to less postage and fees involved.

It's only $5 or so difference, not a huge deal...just curious how it works here?

I see in the first page it was sort of talked about...but just wanted to be clear if you are hosting the breaks you can keep the extra $$$? If so you might see more people hosting breaks...I don't have a problem with it, just curious of the rules...sorry if this was addressed in another post i didn't see it if so.

thanks!

Last edited:
Anything extra is going towards paying site expenses.

This is our first attempt at this, once i see what shipping w/insurance and everything else costs, the price on future breaks will probably be at around cost.

I can offer addidional spots for $23 on this break. But would like to give everyone a chance to join in first. I'll give it till sunday night before allowing 2nd slots.

Nobody is getting rich off the deal.

Anything extra is going towards paying site expenses.

This is our first attempt at this, once i see what shipping w/insurance and everything else costs, the price on future breaks will probably be at around cost.

I can offer addidional spots for $23 on this break. But would like to give everyone a chance to join in first. I'll give it till sunday night before allowing 2nd slots.

Nobody is getting rich off the deal.

yeah i know it's not much...lol...just curious what the deal was...i think if people who host the breaks can make $50 or so off the deal, plus maybe get some rewards points on their credit card or cash back or whatever...then you might see some more breaks...or if it benefits the site expenses thats cool...but it's a lot of work to do one of these...like i said other sites do them and are pretty strict on the amounts people can make on them, I think it's ok to make a little considering the time involved, and if it's too much then people just wont get in the break, sort of carries its own safety net in that sense.

I also like the idea of giving everyone a chance to get in before the 2nd slot is sold to anyone...very good idea.

I don't think anyone should question the financial motives of the General Manager of the site regarding the break. As someone who has done group expensing where I've been the person responsible for collecting and paying money, I can tell you it's not fun to be caught short with unexpected expenses having to cover from someone who bails on their commitment. Hopefully this a fun experience that is more than worth the $30 for people.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone should question the financial motives of the General Manager of the site regarding the break. As someone who has done group expensing where I've been the person responsible for collecting and paying money, I can tell you it's not fun to be caught short with unexpected expenses or someone who cover from someone who bails on their commitment. Hopefully this a fun experience that is more than worth the $30 for people.

i wasn't questioning the financial motives of anyone, if you actually read my posts...i would like to know the deal with how it works because I might consider doing a break at some point myself on down the road...always wanted to do one, but never have...and on other sites it's a BIG deal...I just wanted to know how it worked here...please do not think I was being disrespectful in ANY way.

i wasn't questioning the financial motives of anyone, if you actually read my posts...i would like to know the deal with how it works because I might consider doing a break at some point myself on down the road...always wanted to do one, but never have...and on other sites it's a BIG deal...I just wanted to know how it worked here...please do not think I was being disrespectful in ANY way.

There were quite a few posts that were doing math without all the numbers, so I just wanted to keep it real for people to know that the General Manager is not looking to cash in finally on the first case break in the site's 8 1/2 year history.

There were quite a few posts that were doing math without all the numbers, so I just wanted to keep it real for people to know that the General Manager is not looking to cash in finally on the first case break in the site's 8 1/2 year history.

thats fine, but I don't want you, champs, or anyone else thinking I meant something I didn't...so...please don't think that is where i was going with it...simply trying to figure out how it's going to work here. I'm interested in doing a high end football break at some point if possible.

another thing, are the people who do the breaks allowed to participate in the breaks themselves if they purchase a slot? again, on other sites it is not allowed, but I don't see a problem or conflict of interest if its a draft style break like this one and if the break is live online then people will see it play out anyway. Just curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.