COMC and Black Friday.......has anybody heard anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I picked up 39 cards I needed for 1970 Topps baseball this morning. I put them in my cart last night and the total came to $139, set the alarm for 3AM, and checked the cart. Total was down to $102. I didn't take the time to check cards individually as I didn't want them scooped away. I did get charged $3 for shipping, which I thought I wasn't supposed to, but didn't want to take the time this morning to argue. I may write an email after the weekend on principle alone. I did notice last night, that many of the star cards had come down in price, but high numbers were still... high.

Thanks,
Marvin

I don't know if you've ever called or e-mailed their customer service. They have one of the best (if not the best) groups of customer service reps in the industry. They will make it right - they have always done right by me in the past (including today with a problem).

I picked up 39 cards I needed for 1970 Topps baseball this morning. I put them in my cart last night and the total came to $139, set the alarm for 3AM, and checked the cart. Total was down to $102. I didn't take the time to check cards individually as I didn't want them scooped away. I did get charged $3 for shipping, which I thought I wasn't supposed to, but didn't want to take the time this morning to argue. I may write an email after the weekend on principle alone. I did notice last night, that many of the star cards had come down in price, but high numbers were still... high.

Thanks,
Marvin

Thanks,
Marvin

Strange....but I brought 34 cards and the shipping card of $3.00 is on the inventory list too. Best regards, David

Just listed over 300 new cards - come buy 'em up. All kinds of inserts/parallels/etc. Good prices - let me know if you need them to be better and I will see what I can do. My COMC page is in my signature.

Emailed their customer service department. Best regards, David

David, does emailing them work good? I wanted to buy some things I had in my cart and I didn't want to ship them right away but I can't seem to get the $3 shipping to go away. I just wanted to buy them and keep them in my inventory, strange that the $3 standard shipping seems to be attached to everything even if you don't want it or it isn't supposed to be there.

I can answer that for you - it only charges you the $3.00 if you ship them when you buy. If you just purchase the cards, the $3.00 does not get charged - I often buy cards one at a time, so I never see it do that.

David, does emailing them work good? I wanted to buy some things I had in my cart and I didn't want to ship them right away but I can't seem to get the $3 shipping to go away. I just wanted to buy them and keep them in my inventory, strange that the $3 standard shipping seems to be attached to everything even if you don't want it or it isn't supposed to be there.

I have a question it says +$0.20 for a top loader if i don't choose a top loader what do they send the card in ? do they ship the card in one
of those card saver protectors ?

Best,
David

So far no reply from the Customer Service department. Best regards, David

I can answer that for you - it only charges you the $3.00 if you ship them when you buy. If you just purchase the cards, the $3.00 does not get charged - I often buy cards one at a time, so I never see it do that.
Purchased 34 items after midnight and the shipping cost...which should have been free was included on my order! Started to order stuff today...I now it shows ....12 more items to get to 20 for free shipping.....this was not showing on 1:30 am Friday morning. Best regards, David
I have a question it says +$0.20 for a top loader if i don't choose a top loader what do they send the card in ? do they ship the card in one

Best,
David
I believe they ship them in a large top loader. Best regards, David

Last edited:
They sandwich the cards with toploaders and load in a team bag. They do a very nice job of packing cards - over 1,000 cards shipped to me and only one that needed a refund for damage...someone hit it with a fingernail when loading and dinged the top.

Best,
David

Found some great deals yesterday and today. Nearly $450 in sales over the last two days and shipped twenty cards out today. Two Trout autos, Mattingly SP Auto, Schmidt Auto, Garvey Auto, Teixeira Auto, Maury Wills Auto, Jose Fernandez Auto, Max Fried Auto, Jason Heyward Auto, Dustin Pedroia Auto, Clayton Kershaw Auto, and 8 prospect autos (2 Demeritte, 6 Piscotty). Very happy overall...hope the good sales continue tomorrow and Monday!

To explain it better, you need to have Store Credit to buy things and not have them ship right away. You can buy the credit w/ PayPal in amounts greater than $10 and usually divisible by 10 ($20, $30, $40, etc). If you just add items to a cart and then go to buy they ship them right away. Also if you have items just in your cart it can still be purchased by someone who has credit before you finish checking out. Kind of a pain in the you know what if you ask me, and it's why I really stopped buying from them for awhile.

They customer service so far is not on the ball. So I cancelled my second order!! Best regards, David

They say their customer service hours are 8-5pm West Coast time M-F which is pretty limited for a webpage. However I bought store credit the other night and after 2 hours it still hadn't been applied so I emailed them and suddenly my credit was there and they responded. Someone must be checking emails, but yeah their customer service is not very strong for a site that large.

Try calling them - you get someone pretty quick. They are there today - they extended customer service hours for the sale.

1-800-517-3540

I have two e-mails sent yesterday afternoon - no response yet. I would guess they are pretty busy.

Last edited:
Try calling them - you get someone pretty quick. They are there today - they extended customer service hours for the sale.

1-800-517-3540

I have two e-mails sent yesterday afternoon - no response yet. I would guess they are pretty busy.

THanks a lot for tracking the number down for me, I'll give them a try and see what happens.

They left at 5:00 - I called earlier and got an answer. Try again tomorrow maybe - they do a really good job of fixing things and making it right.