COMC mailed my cards!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybo374

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I've been on COMC as a flipper for around five years. I buy cards, sell them, set the profits aside and reinvest what I paid for the cards into a new ones. I use the profits to purchase cards I need for sets I'm building. It's a slow process, but I find buying cards this way more rewarding than if I just paid for them out of my pocket.

Anyway, after about a year of doing this, I finally requested delivery of around 100 cards and a few comic books on April 18th. I knew they had shipping issues because of the pandemic and rules/policies/mandates that Washington state put in place resulting in a backlog in the hundreds of thousands or orders. Initially they estimated that it would be delivered on August 10th. Well, August 10th came and went. After this, I wasn't expecting to get this order any time soon.

This morning I received an email from them saying my order has been mailed. I'm happy about it too say the least - included in this order is a bunch of 1971 Topps High numbered cards including a Willie Mays - but at the same time I feel somewhat cheated by this experience. I know it's odd to say this, but I probably could have walked there from Upstate NY in a faster amount of time then it took them to mail it.

Supposedly they have hired many new employees so I hope their delivery time will improve as time goes on. I still have a couple of hundred in inventory. However, I am hesitant from buying from them ever again.

Any thoughts?

Wait 12-18 months and it will probably recover to pre covid levels. Otherwise pay more to wait longer. I have shipped one order but did express

I currently have about 200 cards ready to be shipped to me. Economy is $10 but won’t be delivered until January. Rushed is $100 and it will arrive Oct 10. That’s so expensive.

My three months wait (ordered first week in June).....using enconomy shipping and finally got it on Sept 20, 2021.....getting my next order to sportlots! Best regards, David

I am so sorry to everyone that we have a thread that expresses our excitement that COMC actually did what they are supposed to do and got your orders out. I had to jump through hoops to get an order cancelled that I placed in May, was supposed to ship mid-September!! I hope they get things turned back around, because I don't plan to buy from them again, and I know a lot of people are real hesitant right now to buy. Frustrating, they were a good service for quite some time.

Blessings,

Kevin

I was in staffing/HR for 15 yrs before a promotion and career change. Every company nationwide is trying to hire including my own. We schedule 10-15 interviews on one day and we are lucky if one or two show. In order to compete with every other company we have increased our pay.....and in turn raised our prices multiple times this yr. Between not being able to staff our shops, increased shipping costs (500%) and lack of material to produce our goods... it has been one struggle after another.

My company is essential so we never closed, but I personally heard many employees wish they could get laid off or actually get this flu in order to make more $ to not work.

Until we can get people back to work I do not see any of these delays from COMC or any other company to subside any time soon.

I currently have about 200 cards ready to be shipped to me. Economy is $10 but won’t be delivered until January. Rushed is $100 and it will arrive Oct 10. That’s so expensive.
Expensive is an understatement! Even before the pandemic started, their delivery times were long but nothing like this. I just wish they could truly figure this out so that it's more aligned to other online retail/consignment operations. Outside of this huge issue, I've liked COMC. However, until this is resolved, I'm going to focus more on selling on Sportlots and thepit.com.

I know this is an old thread but it looks like they may be having issues again. I placed an order last week and received an email stating my cards will not be shipped until the middle of next month. I only bought 4 cards so I cannot understand why it should take so long to ship my cards. Hopefully it is just the holidays that are causing ship times to be delayed so long. But they have a little bit of a track record wit shipping problems so I am getting a little hesitant about placing another order.

Has anyone else ordered from them recently and been given long shipping times?

Last edited:
Why? Amazon can get stuff to me from China in 2 days. This makes absolutely no sense. They have no problem taking my money.
Because they can’t hire enough qualified people to stick around and accurately pull orders nonstop. There is a waiting queue listed on the site that tells you how many orders are in front of yours. The only way to get it quick is pay for faster tier

Because they can’t hire enough qualified people to stick around and accurately pull orders nonstop. There is a waiting queue listed on the site that tells you how many orders are in front of yours. The only way to get it quick is pay for faster tier
I guess I just have to live with it. I did not see a "waiting queue" listed anywhere. I also cannot figure out how to see what I ordered. When I go to my purchase history it states I have never ordered or bought any cards but I have done so mnay times. I like the site because I can actaully see the cards I am purchasing. And the ability to zoom in and out for the front and back is great. It just sucks having to wait so long.

@mm1sub

Hi -

Look under your "Shipment history" to see what you purchased and is being sent in the latest batch. When you get on that page, there will be a section called "Status" under which you can see expected ship dates and "items ahead of my order". For me, I requested a 700+ card lot on 11/27 and it has an expected ship date of 12/27 and has 375,000+ items ahead of mine. Based on my ordering history (which includes 2-3 large orders every year), they'll probably ship before or at least on that date. My last 5 orders dating back to May 2022 have shipped within an average of 17 days after I placed the order. That's not too bad if you ask me.

Now, during the height of Covid, they took forever. I placed an order on 11/30/2020 and it did not ship until 6/21/2021. Now that was annoying!!

Scobes

@mm1sub

Hi -

Look under your "Shipment history" to see what you purchased and is being sent in the latest batch. When you get on that page, there will be a section called "Status" under which you can see expected ship dates and "items ahead of my order". For me, I requested a 700+ card lot on 11/27 and it has an expected ship date of 12/27 and has 375,000+ items ahead of mine. Based on my ordering history (which includes 2-3 large orders every year), they'll probably ship before or at least on that date. My last 5 orders dating back to May 2022 have shipped within an average of 17 days after I placed the order. That's not too bad if you ask me.

Now, during the height of Covid, they took forever. I placed an order on 11/30/2020 and it did not ship until 6/21/2021. Now that was annoying!!

Scobes
I tried that and it is all blank.

They changed the Shipment History........I also have been getting all blank.....the only way to track your shippment is thru the email from COMC that they mail to you and let you see whats going on.....Hope this helps and they are back to normal and continue to buy from them at least once or twice a month.Happy Holidays, David PS the email has a link to your order.

They changed the Shipment History........I also have been getting all blank.....the only way to track your shippment is thru the email from COMC that they mail to you and let you see whats going on.....Hope this helps and they are back to normal and continue to buy from them at least once or twice a month.Happy Holidays, David PS the email has a link to your order.
Thanks David!!