eBay BV Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYBBNUTT

MVP
5.00 star(s)
How do you use eBay to help determine BV of cards? For example, do you include price + shipping? I tend to see the same card ( same condition) sold with free shipping be the same or similar for price + shipping.
Thank you.

I always consider shipping as part of the “value” of the card. It becomes insignificant when buying a $1,000 card, but very relevant when buying a $5 insert. Some people are perfectly find accepting that it will cost $4 or $5 getting the card to your mailbox regardless. Right or wrong I always consider it part of the card value.

You also could include sales tax. It's rare when I make a purchase where sales tax isn't charged. And that varies per state.

I concur with the previous opinions..........I also look to see if they have others cards I need and if they combine S/H...........Look at the completed/sold items to see about what the history of the sales were in the past...........

Personally for me, BV (Being BV Hi) is an entirely separate value system from "cash value" (i.e. ebay sales). Actual sales rarely reflect BV (at best BV Lo). BV I largely use for trading purposes to compare relative values of two or more cards.

For cash value, I don't include shipping/tax as part of a card's value... as in-person peer-to-peer sales rarely include these fees. I do include s/h & tax in "my cost" for a card and in my purchase decisions. I guess I thought this was common but maybe not. YMMV

I use 130point.com..it shows you the actual sale of the card that was sold on Ebay -You just put the card in and do the props I take the last 5 sales and do an average if say a card sold for an average of $4.00 I make the TV $12 I now only use Beckett for base /low end inserts/low end parallels or I use a combo of both

Last edited:
I use to go by BV (Beckett) to do trades but after being involved in several card shows the last couple of years, BV is never used. Everyone I deal with automatically pull out thier phones and start looking for "comp" value on EBay. I do usually go with 3 -4 Ebay comps and average them out and add shipping. It's hard to fight against that logic. Why buy a card at inflated BV when you can get the same one off ebay for lower. I have seen though that sometimes the sale value is higher then bv, so that can help offset some of the cards I got at BV.

I have noticed recently that eBay has a function that shows a graph of eBay sales. I have only gotten to that page by accident a few times. I'm can't tell you how to get there, but maybe someone else knows.