Im confused???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeboAlan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
How come I had to pay 14.6 mil in revenue sharing?

Yet Cory who has a higher budget then me and im assuming had a higher payroll this past season paid a goose egg O in revenue sharing??? I also have the 2nd lowest media market??? Sounds like something isn't adding up here?

please explain

thanks
Heath
Cards GM

I appreciate the offer of kindness. I will deal with whatever happens bottom line is I should have done a better job.

I can help break it down for you... League average salaries was around $106,100,000

Your players salaries before you released RF Braun.. $117,978,783
The Luxury tax you would have paid.. $4,751,500

After terminating RF Braun contract you added $24.75M to your player salaries for the yr.. $142,728,783
So the new Luxury tax was.. $14,643,520.

So you paid a double whammy for terminating the contract.. $24.75M for the contract then the extra $9.89M in luxury tax.. You have to be very careful releasing future contracts and it raising your players salaries then subjected to the luxury tax..

I didn't realize it would add to the payroll number thought it would just take the cash releasing Braun. Thanks for explaining it to me.

As I stated before, keeping him around even as a 4th OF would have been much better. Actually, not trading for his contract last year would have been the best approach.

Thank you Cory for your amazing input!!!! Did you have a really cheap payroll? How did you not pay a dollar in revenue sharing? Yes I think the system is flawed if teams like you pay nothing.

I spent 97.2 million. The league avg was around 106 after your massive hit. You have to spend 120% of avg payroll to even be taxed. So, over 127.2 mil roughly, anything above thatwouldbe taxed 40%. So, i needed to spend roughly 30 mil more to br subject to tax. That being said, the avg payrol would have been substantially lower without the huge payroll expense youtook on so you probably saved a team or two from being taxed that would have been

Sweet 1st rounds picks are over rated unless u are top 5

If you really believe that I can understand why you trade all your picks away:) Two current players of mine, good ones, are former draft picks of the Cardinals.

Cory's payroll will only be going up and up with his players it looks like to me.

If you really believe that I can understand why you trade all your picks away:) Two current players of mine, good ones, are former draft picks of the Cardinals.

Cory's payroll will only be going up and up with his players it looks like to me.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.