NEW BSL - OOTP12 Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

We've got time Gene, With the Holidays and such It will be the new year before we get the league going, I am hoping to get a Test League loaded up within the next 7 days for people to test out file uploads and stuff.

maybe even consider running a test year? maybe pick a really old odd year, randomly pick teams and just run a year. would give us all a good feel of what to do and nothing is at stake :)

Well, I'm about halfway through my first test sim season, I'm loving this new version! I'm getting decent at processing DL/Roster moves and just generally having more control over the lineups, etc (if we're doing that this time).

I've got a lot more to learn, though! :)

I started a test league and was messing around with it last night. I'm with Gene - this is going to take me some time to get used to! It seems to be fairly intuitive, but much more complex than the previous version - just a lot more information and detail available with several new menus/pages.

I've simulated a month or two of the season. Got used to moving players up/down through ML and minors and to/from the DL. Still can't seem to find FA players available and I'll need to see how trades, contract extensions, and everything else works.

I suppose it's probably time to go through the on-line manual now!

Eric

I started a test league and was messing around with it last night. I'm with Gene - this is going to take me some time to get used to! It seems to be fairly intuitive, but much more complex than the previous version - just a lot more information and detail available with several new menus/pages.

I've simulated a month or two of the season. Got used to moving players up/down through ML and minors and to/from the DL. Still can't seem to find FA players available and I'll need to see how trades, contract extensions, and everything else works.

I suppose it's probably time to go through the on-line manual now!

Eric

FA's are located on the "League Transactions" page (under the League Menu). There should be a bunch of tabs, one of which should say "Free Agents", which lists everyone available. Finding that took me a bit of time too. :)

I'm starting to get the hang of it, the only thing that's really confusing me right now are the ratings. I keep seeing two different ratings, one on their player page, but they come up differently on the other player page where you negotiate contracts, waive them, etc. Still gotta figure that one out.

FA's are located on the "League Transactions" page (under the League Menu). There should be a bunch of tabs, one of which should say "Free Agents", which lists everyone available. Finding that took me a bit of time too. :)

I'm starting to get the hang of it, the only thing that's really confusing me right now are the ratings. I keep seeing two different ratings, one on their player page, but they come up differently on the other player page where you negotiate contracts, waive them, etc. Still gotta figure that one out.

Keep in mind each individual league can be customized to whatever you want it to be. Don't get too comfortable with the ratings systems until an actual league is rolled out. The important thing at this point is the navigation of the system.

Keep in mind each individual league can be customized to whatever you want it to be. Don't get too comfortable with the ratings systems until an actual league is rolled out. The important thing at this point is the navigation of the system.

That's what I was thinking. I'm just working on getting the roster moves, contract extensions, etc down, just pretty much everything we were doing in the BSL. I've also toyed around with setting lineups/pitching rotations depending on whether or not we'll go that route this time around.

I've been trying to figure out ANYTHING for a few days and haven't gotten a single thing figured out!!! I feel so dumb!! I've created my manager profile but can't even get me on my team (Phillies). Can open team page and run games but can't make player moves or anything else. DUH!!! I read the manual, just can't follow what to do. Somebody please give me a hint. Just remember to keep it simple. Can't believe I ran a major business for years and can't figure this game out!!

I've been trying to figure out ANYTHING for a few days and haven't gotten a single thing figured out!!! I feel so dumb!! I've created my manager profile but can't even get me on my team (Phillies). Can open team page and run games but can't make player moves or anything else. DUH!!! I read the manual, just can't follow what to do. Somebody please give me a hint. Just remember to keep it simple. Can't believe I ran a major business for years and can't figure this game out!!

Hey Gene, if you look at the bottom right of your screen after you go past the main menu into your league page, you should see a black box with the word "Philadelphia". To the right of it, there's a bunch of buttons. The fourth one (it looks like a clipboard) is where you make roster moves. From there, you should be able to drag and drop players you want to promote/demote, place on the DL, waive, etc. There should be four sub-sections on that page, each with a drop-down menu at the top to take you where you want to go.

If you need any clarification on this or need help with anything else just let me know, I've been playing around with the program quite a bit this week.

If any of you guys have an IPhone this game has an app and let's you basically run a team and make all the moves in a compact setting but still similar to the downloaded version. It's good practice

Hey Gene, if you look at the bottom right of your screen after you go past the main menu into your league page, you should see a black box with the word "Philadelphia". To the right of it, there's a bunch of buttons. The fourth one (it looks like a clipboard) is where you make roster moves. From there, you should be able to drag and drop players you want to promote/demote, place on the DL, waive, etc. There should be four sub-sections on that page, each with a drop-down menu at the top to take you where you want to go.

If you need any clarification on this or need help with anything else just let me know, I've been playing around with the program quite a bit this week.

Thanks Nick, I found that but can't make any moves. Tried demoting a player and promoting another but said "roster is full". Reversed action and still wasn't permitted. I'll figure it out sooner or later. Will just have to speed it up some before I mess everyone else up!! Just so many "click this", "drag this", etc. to figure out at the moment -- but I'll get it sooner or later.

EDIT: at least I figured out how to get me listed as the GM for the right team. That's a little progress!!:D :D

Last edited:
Thanks Nick, I found that but can't make any moves. Tried demoting a player and promoting another but said "roster is full". Reversed action and still wasn't permitted. I'll figure it out sooner or later. Will just have to speed it up some before I mess everyone else up!! Just so many "click this", "drag this", etc. to figure out at the moment -- but I'll get it sooner or later.

Hmm, that's odd. Only thing I could think of is that the player you tried to demote was out of options, you'd have to DFA him and put him on waivers, but it doesn't sound like that's what's happening in your case.

I'm sure with some practice and time we'll all have a better handle on it soon enough. :)

Moving players from AAA to ML roster

To send Player from AAA to ML roster
1.Right click players name
2.Click on transaction
3.Click on promote to active roster
*if you get a roster is full message it means you have to demote someone to AAA or any other farm system

demoting/promoting from AA-AAA use the same scenerio

Removing/Placing player(s) on the DL

Removing player from DL
1.Should receive message stating player is ready to come off of DL
2.Click on transaction (red tool bar on top)
3.Click on disabled list
4.Right side of screen lists all players on DL
5.Time left on DL/Injured time left both should say none/none
6.right click players name and choose transaction and send to appropriate farm system or return to active roster
*If player is coming off 60 day DL there is an option to send him to a rehab assignment which is 14 days

Placing Player on DL
1.Will receive message saying player got injured
2.will receive 2nd message describing nature of injury and other info
3.Right click player choose disabled list
4.New Window opens and choose appropriate time for player to be on DL

Last edited:
Hmm, that's odd. Only thing I could think of is that the player you tried to demote was out of options, you'd have to DFA him and put him on waivers, but it doesn't sound like that's what's happening in your case.

I'm sure with some practice and time we'll all have a better handle on it soon enough. :)

His 40-man roster is probably full and isn't allowing someone to go up.

If you have a player on the 40-man roster, he either has to clear waivers or be released to be removed from the 40-man roster. He can be demoted to minors if eligible, but it will still require a release/waiver placement of 1 of the 40 players (if the 40-man roster is full) to promote someone else.

One other trick is placing a player on the 60-day DL (temporarily) removes him from the 40-man roster. Although a spot will have to be opened back up for him to come off later on.

Keep in mind that all but two teams in the previous BSL never had full 40-man rosters. It is a real pain to navigate them until you get used to everything.

Cory