NEW BSL - OOTP12 Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sorry I havent been around much guys to go over things, But I am swamped until after Christmas. I've spent some time playing around with stuff and have a bunch of the league background stuff figured out, But havent had time to look at actually running a team.

I'll let all of you **** kids figure it out. I have been working non-stop for a few weeks, and with traveling for Christmas, probably won't touch it until New Years. So keep throwing out the tips, I will need them to catch up!

Todd

If anyone has anymore questions about the new program, please feel free to PM me.

I just got off for winter break at school and have been playing around with it quite a bit this week. I'm getting a better grasp of it each day, it just takes a little time and repetition. :)

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Haven't got it completely but with time it should get better hopefully. Now I really appreciate all the work Cory had to put into the old league to make it work!!!

I'm trying to figure how to do trades...i offered Scott Kazmir to the Whitesox they agreed to the trade but i got nothing in return not sure what happened there.

The player is probably in DFA (designated for assignment) and you'll have to move him to the active roster.

The player is probably in DFA (designated for assignment) and you'll have to move him to the active roster.

I clicked on player (kazmir) clicked on trade away player next thing i know he's traded to the Whitesox and i got nothing for him

Angels trade SP Scott Kazmir to the Chicago White and get nothing in return.

I then tried to trade Brandon Wood but this time clicked on shop player around this time a few teams had players available for trade.

Last edited:
I clicked on player (kazmir) clicked on trade away player next thing i know he's traded to the Whitesox and i got nothing for him

Angels trade SP Scott Kazmir to the Chicago White and get nothing in return.

I then tried to trade Brandon Wood but this time clicked on shop player around this time a few teams had players available for trade.

I'm guessing that the Sox just took the contract in the trade for Kazmir and you get nothing back. Using the "Shop Player" option is a much better option as it shows what teams would be willing to give up. It hurts the player's morale, but you have a better understanding of the player's trade value.

I'm guessing that the Sox just took the contract in the trade for Kazmir and you get nothing back. Using the "Shop Player" option is a much better option as it shows what teams would be willing to give up. It hurts the player's morale, but you have a better understanding of the player's trade value.

Using the shop player option is much better..i just traded Mike Trout for Joey Votto the Red offered him as a player available for trade.

The new p.i.t.a is trying to sign draft picks my 8th round pick wants 3,250,000 while my 1st pick wants 2,500,000 my 3rd pick wanted 750,000 i offered 700,000 he refused
and said he was returning to college.

Last edited:
Using the shop player option is much better..i just traded Mike Trout for Joey Votto the Red offered him as a player available for trade.

The new p.i.t.a is trying to sign draft picks my 8th round pick wants 3,250,000 while my 1st pick wants 2,500,000 my 3rd pick wanted 750,000 i offered 700,000 he refused
and said he was returning to college.

Yeah, I drafted Freddie Freeman (2nd round) in one of the drafts and offered him more than his demand was, and he still decided to go back to college.

I really like negotiating with the draft picks, it's probably my favorite part of this version even though we'll likely not be using it in our league. :)

Okay, it's getting a little easier now. I've simulated through two full seasons - just missed the world series after being up 3-2 in the NLCS. However, it led to a very happy owner so now I have a lot more money to spend this off season. The draft was pretty easy to get through, but my ability to scout players was not that great!

Roster moves, DL, promotions/demotions, signing FAs, contract extensions, and trades aren't that bad now. Just need to work through a few more items.

Eric

What are the sttings that we are going to use, I assume we are only doing 1 AAA team and 1 AA team.

What are the sttings that we are going to use, I assume we are only doing 1 AAA team and 1 AA team.

There are literally hundreds of settings within the game. Nick is working on it, but I assume he will want to do similar to what the previous BSL league had when able. There are a lot of new features that I'm currently testing out as well to see how they will apply to an online league.

Keep in mind trades are entered by the commissioner, just like the previous league.

I keep running out of money in my test leagues! Gonna have to test out a different draft strategy so I don't have so many guys eligible for arbitration at the same exact time. :)

i am getting use to everything it is gonna take some getting used too i will likely have a ton of questions when the league starts

I just tried a 1871 Historical league tonight, definitely recommend it for fun! A 31-game season and you really only have to draft one pitcher. Team leader in HR's was three!