No More Freebies From Me! Some People...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Now this doesn't involve me, but it will make a person think twice before adding in any freebies for winning bidders of any of their auctions.

I was reading a thread on another board and was blown away. Start reading at post #11.

*CLICK HERE*

I added the member to my blocked list even though I doubt we would ever cross paths. Some people...

Thanks
Craig

I have been the recipient of random free cards from ebay transactions. Rarely are they anything I would want, but I would hardly consider leaving a negative. The comment about leaving trash is apples and oranges. If someone stuffed a cigarette butt in with my cards, they would probably get a negative and I would file a claim on my payment. Free cards could go in the trash or donated to someone who might care a little more than me.

I suppose his garbage can is the size of a coke can!

The world is full of idiots.

Interesting thread! I think the poster number 11 use to be on the old beckett message board and this board. Best regards, David

Last edited:
yea i started that thread just because i wanted to hear some crazy ebay stories and was completly blown away by that jdawg guy. he had his ebay user name in his profile and i blocked him but he removed his ebay name as soon as he started getting flack for this.

I have never blocked anyone on Ebay. How do you do it? I never want to cross his path, what a jerk.

Shawn

i went to the help section and typed in block bidders and it told me what to do. i dont remember off the top of my head how to do it but if you go to the help section it will tell you how. his ebay user id is jerald8552

Now this doesn't involve me, but it will make a person think twice before adding in any freebies for winning bidders of any of their auctions.

I was reading a thread on another board and was blown away. Start reading at post #11.

*CLICK HERE*

I added the member to my blocked list even though I doubt we would ever cross paths. Some people...

Thanks
Craig

Hey Craig
If you are going to block me out then I will not send you any more free cards. So there hahahahahahaha. You are now going to get all my Steeler and Pirates Doubles.
Tom

I cant see how someone can leave a negative? They got there cards right? the ones they bidded on right? So how can they leave a negative for the extras? E-bay should ban this guy. But there are a lot of people out there lie this. I always send free cards to people I trade with. I had built up a lot of Marlon Byrd GU cards when I collected him on the phillies. I would throw one in here and there in a trade and yes people would compline. On there next post or something like that where they are asking for cards they would say 'if you are going to throw in free cards please don't send me some junk like Byrd and so forth. Well look at Byrd this year!
Any who. extra cards to me is great!

Wow, you stick around long enough, you will hear something that you never thought of.

Has the guy ever heard of a garbage can? Pull the cards out that you traded for / bought and toss the extras. I'd hate to know what other "issues" he has in his life.

Todd

I don't see how anything that is free can be a bad thing. I would love free cards no matter what because who knows if that guy signs ttm and you need that card or something like that

Throwing cards in the trash is just just ....well it just unAmerican. If some of you had a chance to read the article in Beckett a few years back ,on Topps 50th anniverasy. It talked about how in 1952 Topps produced Baseball cards for the first time ,and how they didnt sell so well .So Topps had a warehouse full of unopened hi #d 1952 Topps that they put on a barge and took out in the middle of some river and dumped them. When I read the article I swore no cards unless severely damaged who go in the trash.

the worst part of this guy is he is a hypocrite. he removed his ebay id soon after people started bashing him but i got it and blocked it. but i also checked his feedback left to see if he really did this and one feedback he left was positive and it said "shipping was a little high but gave me a 12 dollar free card so its all good" so this guy is a liar on top of it.