Noobie in Baltimore, Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bartzville

Prospect
Hey All!

New to the Bench. Totally excited to strike up some trades and meet some cool people doing it.

I do have a question that I'd appreciate everyone's opinions on...

Like most people my age probably do, I have thousands and thousands of commons dating from late 80's-mid 90's. Mostly football, but some baseball. They are def commons and have been cleaned out of anything decent. I imagine they are worthless because the market was so flooded of these. so to my question...what the hell can I do with these??? I don't feel right throwing them out and I dont think they are worth donating. any suggestions please!!!!

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back. want to unload and we can go from there. I am hooked on wax boxes/packs, hint hint

Cool story for today, I bought one pack of 83 tops today and got the Wade Boggs rookie I was hoping to get! Also bought a Rickey Henderson rookie for $9!. It's not perfect shape but well worth $9!

First off welcome to the Bench. As for your question a couple suggestions would be to maybe try and get rid of them on Craig's List. Let people know how amny you have, the years and how much you are looking for. Another suggestion is to maybe try and set up at a flea market. I set up very once in while and have pretty good luck unloading a bunch of commons. Usually sell 800 count boxes for 5.00.

Welcome to The Bench! You could also throw in a few star cards with the commons and get them out in team loaders as Halloween treats instead of candy or donor them to your local Charity or Hospital. Best regards, David

Welcome to The Bench!

Send your mass of commons to Tim Carroll, he can always use them for his projects here. He is an incredible artist!

Welcome! First thought was to hand them out at Halloween as well. Or maybe you'll find some Benchies that need them. I will hopefully be working on a 1987 Topps set or two in the future. As a set collector, sometimes they do come in handy to complete sets. I have many 1980s football needs... if they are in nice condition, maybe we can trade. Wantlist is at the bottom of my WWW page.

Curtis

thanks for the responses, i like the halloween idea and def the donating idea. the artist that was mentioned is really cool too as well.

welcome to the bench. I like the idea of holloween bags as well of i agree see if any of the benchies want i know i am always looking for steelers and browns stuff. hope you have as much luck as i have trading