Old Retired Player Address Request Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few more Mariners I've had trouble finding:
Dave Valle home (no longer on M's broadcast)
Mike Moore
Al Martin

thanks!

Dave Valle: This worked in Jan 07
C/O Esperaza International Inc, 1611 116th Ave NE, Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98004

Mike Moore:
1472 East Calle De Caballos Temple AZ 85284
No success there though

Al Martin:
Signs occassionally c/o home but no addie listed

Two RTS

Chuck Knoll
201 Grant St
Sewickey, PA 15143

Mickey Tettleton
PO Box 721376
Norman, OK 73070

Anyone know of any addresses with more recent successes?

Also, Fred Dean?

Two RTS

Chuck Knoll
201 Grant St
Sewickey, PA 15143

Mickey Tettleton
PO Box 721376
Norman, OK 73070

Anyone know of any addresses with more recent successes?

Also, Fred Dean?

CHUCK NOLL!!!
Nothing, the Sewickly address was the last one that worked

Tettleton: Nothing

Dean: Signs c/o home, no addie listed though. Also signed with Howard Univ. in the past - still there?

Okay...that makes sense. :)

Here's a few more:

Anthony Schlegel
Bobby Carpenter
Antonio Pittman (probably too early to know on him...2007 rookie)

Steve

Okay...that makes sense. :)

Here's a few more:

Anthony Schlegel
Bobby Carpenter
Antonio Pittman (probably too early to know on him...2007 rookie)

Steve

Home addresses for current players are not easily accessible... so if you are requesting current players, best try their teams during training camp or the regular season.

With that being said, Schlegal hasn't signed c/o team in 2-3 seasons, Carpenter signed c/o team in 2006, and Pittman isn't the greatest of signers, but has a recent success c/o home, no addie listed though.

CHUCK NOLL!!!
Nothing, the Sewickly address was the last one that worked

Tettleton: Nothing

Dean: Signs c/o home, no addie listed though. Also signed with Howard Univ. in the past - still there?

I checked the Howard University website and couldn't find Dean. I did discover that they recently added Alvin Harper as a receivers coach. If anyone has an interest in Harper's sig you might try C/O howard University.

Thanks ragtop. Actually, I work w/in a 1/2 hour of Bobby Carpenter's home town. You'd think I could just look it up in the phone book. However, I suspect that too many in the area have already done that...kinda figured maybe sending to the Cowboys might get a luckier result.

Do you (or anyone else) know if Schlegel is still with the Jets?

General ?? for anyone: I've never done ttm autos before...still very new to the hobby of collecting. What I figured was to send a larger padded envelope with a smaller one inside with return address and postage, along with cards, sleeves, toploader(s) and even a black sharpie...basically making it as easy as possible for the player. Are my thoughts on the right track? Just wondering...

Steve

Thanks ragtop. Actually, I work w/in a 1/2 hour of Bobby Carpenter's home town. You'd think I could just look it up in the phone book. However, I suspect that too many in the area have already done that...kinda figured maybe sending to the Cowboys might get a luckier result.

General ?? for anyone: I've never done ttm autos before...still very new to the hobby of collecting. What I figured was to send a larger padded envelope with a smaller one inside with return address and postage, along with cards, sleeves, toploader(s) and even a black sharpie...basically making it as easy as possible for the player. Are my thoughts on the right track? Just wondering...

Steve

I don't use bubble mailers, but here is what I do. I send a couple cards (no penny sleeves or toploaders) and a SASE in a small PWE. I put those with my letter inside a slightly bigger PWE. Iassume the players I send to have pens/sharpies available. This is what I have always done and have had good results.

Steve

I would tell you don't do this, espically if you send to older guys. I will never forget one of the first ttm's I sent to a retired player and used a penny sleeve, well he signed it :).

You just have to live with the fact that your cards may get damaged on occasion. I had a card come back yesterday that was all dinged up. Oh well, its just a common.

Ben

Your input is much appreciated for this newbie ;) I was just trying to make it as least "inconvenient" for the player. The cards I'd be sending are almost worthless, so I guess using bubble mailers is probably a bit excessive. LOL. I'm glad I asked :D Okay, then. Thanks to all.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.