Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Here's one for today!

Scobes

View attachment 90725
I've never understood the lack of popularity for these 60's Post Cereal sets. For me the biggest downside is how they were trimmed but I absolutely love these issues. I know the backs are blank but that is more than made up for with all the info and great pics on the fronts. I think even the Mantles book for $100 or less although someone with updated prices could hopefully prove me wrong on that

I've never understood the lack of popularity for these 60's Post Cereal sets. For me the biggest downside is how they were trimmed but I absolutely love these issues. I know the backs are blank but that is more than made up for with all the info and great pics on the fronts. I think even the Mantles book for $100 or less although someone with updated prices could hopefully prove me wrong on that

I agree - I like the Post sets too. The Mantles probably booked that low, but like most other vintage, they have gone up in price:

1961 Post #4A Mickey Mantle COM - $200.00
1962 Post #5A Mickey Mantle - $200.00
1963 Post #15 Mickey Mantle - $400.00

Scobes

I agree - I like the Post sets too. The Mantles probably booked that low, but like most other vintage, they have gone up in price:

1961 Post #4A Mickey Mantle COM - $200.00
1962 Post #5A Mickey Mantle - $200.00
1963 Post #15 Mickey Mantle - $400.00

Scobes
Thanks for those updated Mantle values. I was curious about those.

The fronts of the Post Cereals have a lot on them without being busy. THe pics are colorful and the bios are pretty detailed and they were able to throw a stat line in to boot. And with all that on the card fronts they somehow never appear to be jammed in.

Being a Philly fan you'd certainly appreciate the 1962 Post Cereal Eagles cards as I'm 99% sure Franklin Field is in the background of those cards. Those Eagles cards in that set are really nice!

Here's one for today!

Scobes

1968 Topps Ron Tompkins RC!!

View attachment 90733View attachment 90734
Nice Tompkins RC but I'm more interested in Bill Denehy RCs myself.

Back in the 1980s some guy was advertising in the Sports Collector's Digest (a great publication BTW) to buy 1973 Topps John Hilton rookies in an attempt to steal some Mike Schmidt RCs who was very hot at the time. There was all kind of heck raised over that personal ad and SCD finally stopped publishing it. It was in the rather large personal classified ads section so it more than likely flew under the radar until some observant readers noticed it.