Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I think im gonna send this one for grading. Hopefully get a 5 or 5.5
IT's always tough to predict the grade from a card's picture online but I could see you doing a little better than that. Centering seems to be a big priority with grading services and while yours is not perfectly centered, it isn't that far off. There might be sliiiiight touches of wear on a corner or two but I think you'll do better that 5 or 5.5. That card really presents well!

IT's always tough to predict the grade from a card's picture online but I could see you doing a little better than that. Centering seems to be a big priority with grading services and while yours is not perfectly centered, it isn't that far off. There might be sliiiiight touches of wear on a corner or two but I think you'll do better that 5 or 5.5. That card really presents well!
After the 6 on my Rickey, I am a little gun shy! LOL

THere is a player everyone seems to have forgotten about especially since the home run explosion of the late 90s. 586 home runs is quite the accomplishment with the higher mounds back then!

When Frank Robinson retired in 1976, he was #4 on the All-Time Home Run List with 586. He was only behind Aaron (755), Ruth (714), and Mays (660). Now in 2024, he ranks #10, having been passed by Bonds (762), Pujols (703), Arod (696), Griffey (630), Thome (612), and Sosa (609).

Scobes

THere is a player everyone seems to have forgotten about especially since the home run explosion of the late 90s. 586 home runs is quite the accomplishment with the higher mounds back then!
Just curious... what did lowering the pitching mound do to help hitters?

I'
I would think it would have a lot to do with leverage since the pitchers were throwing more down hill which I would assume would enable them to throw harder. Plus, I would think that it would make it harder for hitters to pik up the ball as it would have more of a downward path. I know expansion played a huge factor in giving hitters a bigger advantage since pitching became watered down.

1968 was the year of the pitcher and I don't think we've seen anything like it since. I thnk Yaxz was the only A.L. player to hit over .300 and he hit .301!!!!

I knew Robinson had 586 hrs but I did not know how close he was to 3,000 hits until I looked it up just now. He fell short by less than 60 hits!!

I'

I would think it would have a lot to do with leverage since the pitchers were throwing more down hill which I would assume would enable them to throw harder. Plus, I would think that it would make it harder for hitters to pik up the ball as it would have more of a downward path. I know expansion played a huge factor in giving hitters a bigger advantage since pitching became watered down.

1968 was the year of the pitcher and I don't think we've seen anything like it since. I thnk Yaxz was the only A.L. player to hit over .300 and he hit .301!!!!
Ya I guess that makes sense. If there weren't very many hits and HR's the league probably found it better to find a way to get them for the batter. No one wants to come watch a game where the pitcher and catcher are just throwing the ball back and forth... unless it's a no-hitter or perfect game, those are exciting!

Another HOF RC by Scobes! Those Raider o-lines of the late 60s and 70s are the one line that are in contention for the greatet Offensive line ever with those dominant Cowboy lines of the early-mid 90s. That is a tough call.

THe Raiders had three HOFers on their line with Shell, Upshaw and Otto and the Cowboys surprisingly only have 1 in Larry Allen. Both lines were very physical and would blow people off the ball. I might give the Cowboys the edge overall and the Raiders the edge for star power. Either way these two lines are numbers 1 and 1A in my book.

Sadly another connection between those two O lines is 2 of the 4 Hall of Famers died quite recently with Larry Allen and Jim Otto. Allen may be the strongest man in NFL history and after reading the appalling injuries Otto played through and never missing a game in 14 or 15 season, I declare him the toughest.

Another HOF RC by Scobes! Those Raider o-lines of the late 60s and 70s are the one line that are in contention for the greatet Offensive line ever with those dominant Cowboy lines of the early-mid 90s. That is a tough call.

THe Raiders had three HOFers on their line with Shell, Upshaw and Otto and the Cowboys surprisingly only have 1 in Larry Allen. Both lines were very physical and would blow people off the ball. I might give the Cowboys the edge overall and the Raiders the edge for star power. Either way these two lines are numbers 1 and 1A in my book.

Sadly another connection between those two O lines is 2 of the 4 Hall of Famers died quite recently with Larry Allen and Jim Otto. Allen may be the strongest man in NFL history and after reading the appalling injuries Otto played through and never missing a game in 14 or 15 season, I declare him the toughest.
Still won't tell us HOW Larry Allen passed... he was in Mexico, I'm guessing heart attack, but that can be determined pretty fast. Something's fishy bout all that to me!

Back