Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Another HOF RC by Scobes! Those Raider o-lines of the late 60s and 70s are the one line that are in contention for the greatet Offensive line ever with those dominant Cowboy lines of the early-mid 90s. That is a tough call.

THe Raiders had three HOFers on their line with Shell, Upshaw and Otto and the Cowboys surprisingly only have 1 in Larry Allen. Both lines were very physical and would blow people off the ball. I might give the Cowboys the edge overall and the Raiders the edge for star power. Either way these two lines are numbers 1 and 1A in my book.

Sadly another connection between those two O lines is 2 of the 4 Hall of Famers died quite recently with Larry Allen and Jim Otto. Allen may be the strongest man in NFL history and after reading the appalling injuries Otto played through and never missing a game in 14 or 15 season, I declare him the toughest.
Gotta weigh in here.
The Dolphins O-Line of the '70s had Jim Langer HOF, Larry Little HOF, Bob Kuechenberg should be HOF, Norm Evans 2x Pro Bowler. Blocking for the first ever tandem of RBs to each gain 1000 yds in a season.

Another HOF RC by Scobes! Those Raider o-lines of the late 60s and 70s are the one line that are in contention for the greatet Offensive line ever with those dominant Cowboy lines of the early-mid 90s. That is a tough call.

THe Raiders had three HOFers on their line with Shell, Upshaw and Otto and the Cowboys surprisingly only have 1 in Larry Allen. Both lines were very physical and would blow people off the ball. I might give the Cowboys the edge overall and the Raiders the edge for star power. Either way these two lines are numbers 1 and 1A in my book.

Sadly another connection between those two O lines is 2 of the 4 Hall of Famers died quite recently with Larry Allen and Jim Otto. Allen may be the strongest man in NFL history and after reading the appalling injuries Otto played through and never missing a game in 14 or 15 season, I declare him the toughest.
And whille we're at it, don't forget the Packers O-line of the 60s - Jim Ringo HOF, Forrest Gregg HOF, Jerry Kramer the first great pulling guard HOF, and Fuzzy Thurston.

And whille we're at it, don't forget the Packers O-line of the 60s - Jim Ringo HOF, Forrest Gregg HOF, Jerry Kramer the first great pulling guard HOF, and Fuzzy Thurston.
Great calls on both the 60s Pack and the 70s Dolphins. I think the thing that stuck out in my mind for the Raider and Cowboy O-lines was their sheer phycical size. Both teams had massive guards and tackles with kind of undersized centers. Upshaw and Shell looked just massive back then although they might be conidered underized by today's standards. The fact I rooted against both the Raiders and Cowboys probably shaded my opinions towards those 2 lines because they were always kicking the crap out of teams I was rooting for! LOL

I have no idea why it took Jerry Kramer so long to be inducted into the HOF? He was always on the All Time Teams but somehow it took forever for him to get in. He had great name recognition because of "The block" and those best selling books he wrote. He was also a great ambassador for the league as well. That long delay always confused me.

Great calls on both the 60s Pack and the 70s Dolphins. I think the thing that stuck out in my mind for the Raider and Cowboy O-lines was their sheer phycical size. Both teams had massive guards and tackles with kind of undersized centers. Upshaw and Shell looked just massive back then although they might be conidered underized by today's standards. The fact I rooted against both the Raiders and Cowboys probably shaded my opinions towards those 2 lines because they were always kicking the crap out of teams I was rooting for! LOL

I have no idea why it took Jerry Kramer so long to be inducted into the HOF? He was always on the All Time Teams but somehow it took forever for him to get in. He had great name recognition because of "The block" and those best selling books he wrote. He was also a great ambassador for the league as well. That long delay always confused me.
Just want to finish up on this. I never understood why Jerry wasn't voted into the Hall sooner. He himself was miffed by it and spoke out about it. I think some media supporters like Jim Rome may have helped to keep his HOF case alive until he was properly recognized.

Here's his RC:

59T Kramer.JPG

Just want to finish up on this. I never understood why Jerry wasn't voted into the Hall sooner. He himself was miffed by it and spoke out about it. I think some media supporters like Jim Rome may have helped to keep his HOF case alive until he was properly recognized.

Here's his RC:

View attachment 101532
I wonder if that is Kramer's college jersey with the number 68? Kramer is one of those guys like Steve Garvey that you just assumed was in the HOF until you looked it up and found he wasn't! He finally got inducted in 2015 only about 40 years too late.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about your 1959 Topps list. I just have not had much time for trades. Hopefully things will settle down around here in the next week or so and I can start looking for your needs.