Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

As a teen, I just LOVED the ABA! Their brand of basketball was so flashy and exciting, it really caught my imagination. Dunks, 3 pointers and fights, the way basketball should be played. The talent that came through that league was truly astounding. It was a guard and forward game as they did not have many A-list centers but that opened the game up much like the Golden State Warriors have done with the three point shot in recent years. The 3 point shot just happened to be an ABA invention so their influence is stil felt today.

Gently use a used dryer sheet on it. My brother said it works like a charm removing wax on the fronts.
Ya I don't know bud... think I'm gunna have to hold off on trying to remove the wax. This is the third card I've gotten and in the best shape except for wax but I can live with it.

Your precence is required in the RIP 2024 topic as an old Cowboy just passed away. Talk about the all time "should have been" player it was the former player who just passed. He should have been one of the Cowboy's all time greats
Wow I hadn't heard till just now... he really was a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" player here. I don't have one of his cards sadly.

Wow I hadn't heard till just now... he really was a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" player here. I don't have one of his cards sadly.
He only had 2 regular issue Topps cards (1971 and 1972) plus some other subset cards in those 2 years (ie: 1972 Topps In Action). Things have FINALLY settled down around here so I'll have more time to trade and will send you some of his cards.

Speaking of more obscure NFL players, I just filled out an order of Bill Brown cards for a person not on The Bench. Rischles will know the player I am referring to.

IT is rumored he was voted the Super Bowl VI MVP but since he boycotted the press they gave it to Staubach instead. From what I rememer from that game is he was the only guy on either team with decent offensive stats! As a matter of fact, I think I posted about that when 89Giants posted a picture of that 1972 Super Bowl card prominantly featuring Staubach on the front and poor offensive statistics on the back.

In his two years with the Cowboys he averaged 5.3 and 4.6 yards per carry which was REALLY good in an era where defenses actually tried to stop their opponents. He was definately on his way to being an All Time Great Cowboy before things went off the rails.

He only had 2 regular issue Topps cards (1971 and 1972) plus some other subset cards in those 2 years (ie: 1972 Topps In Action). Things have FINALLY settled down around here so I'll have more time to trade and will send you some of his cards.

IT is rumored he was voted the Super Bowl VI MVP but since he boycotted the press they gave it to Staubach instead. From what I rememer from that game is he was the only guy on either team with decent offensive stats! As a matter of fact, I think I posted about that when 89Giants posted a picture of that 1972 Super Bowl card prominantly featuring Staubach on the front and poor offensive statistics on the back.

In his two years with the Cowboys he averaged 5.3 and 4.6 yards per carry which was REALLY good in an era where defenses actually tried to stop their opponents. He was definately on his way to being an All Time Great Cowboy before things went off the rails.
Off the rails is right... I knew he had issues with the front office, but calling Schramm a liar and Landry "not a man" will get you booted right outta Dallas! It's funny, though, he came back! He had issues with The Patriots and The Commish voided part of the trade that sent him there and he ended back in Dallas. I laso read that he played college ball with Mercury Morris... He scored the first TD in the "New" Cowboys Stadium and yes, was one of the only players with decent stats in SBVI. It's too bad he wasn't cool with the media... could have been a God amongst Men in Dallas.

Speaking of more obscure NFL players, I just filled out an order of Bill Brown cards for a person not on The Bench. Rischles will know the player I am referring to.

And that would be great to have a few of his cards! Thanks

Bill Brown - running back for the Vikings - I think I have a 66P and a 67P of him. I don't remember him except from the cards.

btw - thought i'd change up my avatar, just for fun...
Best avatar ever! And the 2nd best isn't even close. LMAO!!

On removing wax stains from the front of cards my brother said use a well used dryer sheet on the card. When he says "well used" he is talking about one you are about to throw out. That type of sheet would be very soft and not have any of the chemicals on it that a new one would have. Just gently rub the front and be careful not to clip a corner or an edge when doing so. He said sometimes there is a little stainn left over from the wax but most often it removes it entirely.

Like you said, try it on a common and see how it goes.

Back