Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Great card!!! The '68 Tigers, the most memorable team of my childhood! I can name more players from that team than I can name Tigers from the last 25 years combined!

Interesting card in that Mickey Lolich had the best ERA and Earl Wilson led the '67 team in strikeouts. McClain was the wins leader with one more than Joe Sparma and 2 more than Lolich. Nothing there indicates he would win 31 games and the Cy Young the next year.

Gosh now I have to look up Joe Sparma. He was 16-9 in 1967 and was one of their starters in 1968 but I don't recall him being much of a factor. He did not start a World Series game as Lolich and McClain started 3 each and Wilson the other. Now I am curious as to what Sparma's story was.

Look at the number of 20 game winners on this list not to mention a bunch of 19 game winners. These guys were not pampered with pitch counts back then and everyone on that list had a lengthy career despite that.

That is also the season that Steve Carlton won 27 despite the Phillies only winning 50 something games. That was a truly awesome accomplishment showing how great that guy really was.

1972 was a horrible year for Philadelphia sports. Besides the Phillies, I'm pretty sure this is the same year (72-73) that the 76ers went 9-73 which was the worst record in NBA history until the Charlotte Bobcats "broke" it. I don't think the Eagles had turned the corner yet as that was a couple of seasons later. At least I think the Flyers were pretty good but could be corrected on that.