Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I watched a video of a guy handing him a ball to sign. Zack grabbed the ball and threw it as far away as he could. Dude asked what the heck? And Zack said something to the effect that it was amusing to him. I think I saw it posted on youtube or somewhere a couple of years ago.
Hopefully he wasn't trying to get a team ball done!

A sad sad day... Larry Allen passed away at only 52. One of the ALL-TIME GREATS and a personality to match. He will be missed...
Oh wow! You gotta be kidding me. I was not kidding a week or so ago when I said the one card in that 1994 Stadium Club SB embossed Cowboys set that I hated to part with was Larry Allen's RC.

He definately was one of the All TIme Greats, if not the greatest guard in NFL history. He was the best player on the best O-line I ever saw even outdoing those 1970s Raider's offensive lines with 3 HOFers on it. The key to the Cowboys dynasty of the 90s was that extremely dominant offensive line. Very sad to hear about his passing.

So I was in the NICE part of Little Rock yesterday and went in to Walmart and was able to get a blaster of 2023 Illusions Football. I guess they funnel all the good boxes to those areas so the rich kids stay happy and Mommy and Daddy keep buying for them! It was by far the best blaster from Panini since they went solo in NFL cards. This was the best of the bunch:
C.J. Stroud '23 Illusions King of Cards Green Border
53769963255_208037d034.jpg

So here's a fun one! Well, fun to me... I guess I have a bit of Sheldon Cooper in me. Maybe I should start a thread on here "Fun With Flags"
I found this at a restaurant I worked at about 15 years ago (don't worry, I held on to them in case the person who left them came back!) and it's really neat... all the flags of the world, although some have changed since I found this.
53774069811_8cf1bbf149_w.jpg53774105986_71dae09d17_w.jpg

And props to whoever can tell me the Country that flies this flag... no cheating! Besides The American flag I'd have to say this is my favorite.
53774271553_f535168b83_z.jpg

So here's a fun one! Well, fun to me... I guess I have a bit of Sheldon Cooper in me. Maybe I should start a thread on here "Fun With Flags"
I found this at a restaurant I worked at about 15 years ago (don't worry, I held on to them in case the person who left them came back!) and it's really neat... all the flags of the world, although some have changed since I found this.
View attachment 99550View attachment 99551

And props to whoever can tell me the Country that flies this flag... no cheating! Besides The American flag I'd have to say this is my favorite.
View attachment 99552
Dominica

I love the 1972 set. There may not be a major RC in the set and I'm not sure if there are any cards that book over $100, but that set has massive breakup value with all the high numbers and duplicate stars with the In Action and, leaders and kid picture cards.
There are a bit of 100 dollar cards in the 72 set. The Clemente in action and the Aaron in action book for 120 and 100 respectively. Fisk rookie is only 80. Aarons base card is 120 and Clemente base card is 150. Pete Rose is 100 while Nolan Ryan is 200. Rod Carew is a high number coming in at 100. Joe Morgan traded is 100 and Ron Cey rc is 100. Many others are in the 30 to 60 dollar range. Len Randle rc (high number) books for 50 LOL

There are a bit of 100 dollar cards in the 72 set. The Clemente in action and the Aaron in action book for 120 and 100 respectively. Fisk rookie is only 80. Aarons base card is 120 and Clemente base card is 150. Pete Rose is 100 while Nolan Ryan is 200. Rod Carew is a high number coming in at 100. Joe Morgan traded is 100 and Ron Cey rc is 100. Many others are in the 30 to 60 dollar range. Len Randle rc (high number) books for 50 LOL

Wow! I am in great need of an updated guide! My 2 year old Beckett's Vintage only has the Ryan at $120 and Clemente and Fisk's RC at $80.

I forgot all about those awesome Traded cards. Lots of big names in that small subset with Morgan, Frank Robinson and Carlton off the top of my head.

Back in the infancy of card collecting the Carew and Garvey were highly sought after cards. I still look at those two cards as iconic even though they are no longer the most pricey cards in that set.

Mid to late 60s are my favorite era of cards for both football and baseball. The only thing I like better than the NFL Philadelphia football cards are the AFL Topps cards of the same yea

When the Lions were on their playoff run this past year, I kiddingly told my friend this was the best Lions team since Milt Plum was their QB. Ironically, that was actually true as the Lions should have won the Western Conference except Milt Plum threw a horrible and unnessecary INT late in the game setting up the Packers last minute FG for a 9-7 win. Alex Karras was so mad at Plum that legend has it he threw his helmet at him after the game in the locker room.. Later in the seson the Lions demolished the Packers in the Thanksgiving Day Massacre which would have given the Western title to the Lions since they would have beaten the Packers twice. What could have been!