Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topps was a little late in updating Charlie's uniform since he is pictured here in a Cardinals uniform despite playing the 1970 season in a powder blue Oilers jersey. He'll always be a Cardinal to me, so I guess this card is the way it should be.
He had a couple good years, but then Jim Ray Hart came along. They were never all that good a team, but some great players went through there.

He had a couple good years, but then Jim Ray Hart came along. They were never all that good a team, but some great players went through there.

I never knew Charlie Johnson played MLB! Quite a talented guy! LMAO I know you meant Jim Hart not Jim Ray Hart of the San Franciso Giants.

U guys talk about random ball players like you're sitting in an old diner sipping on coffee for hours! I think the waitress is getting annoyed you won't order any food!😆

I never knew Charlie Johnson played MLB! Quite a talented guy! LMAO I know you meant Jim Hart not Jim Ray Hart of the San Franciso Giants.
He did play MLB.....in 1908!!

U guys talk about random ball players like you're sitting in an old diner sipping on coffee for hours! I think the waitress is getting annoyed you won't order any food!😆
Speaking for myself, that is because I have a wealth of knowledge on vintage cards and the players that were on them. But I make up for that by not knowing pretty much anything about modern cards and the players on them LMAO!

And to be honest that above statement is quite true!

Speaking for myself, that is because I have a wealth of knowledge on vintage cards and the players that were on them. But I make up for that by not knowing pretty much anything about modern cards and the players on them LMAO!

I enjoy your insights on the cards I post here. Thanks.

Frankly, I would love to be sitting in an old diner with a couple of the collector-fans here, drinking coffee and reminiscing about random ballplayers of the golden age. Lemme know when we can do that !

I mean that with all due respect. I've learned sooooo much about players and their careers and lives from yall it's amazing! It's just kinda funny to me picturing you 2 guys sitting across from each other talking about the '64 Mets or Rollie Fingers' moustache... :LOL:

I mean that with all due respect. I've learned sooooo much about players and their careers and lives from yall it's amazing! It's just kinda funny to me picturing you 2 guys sitting across from each other talking about the '64 Mets or Rollie Fingers' moustache... :LOL:
And one helluva mustache it was!

Hard to believe that Yaz and Frank Robinson were back to back Triple Crown winners in 1966 and 1967 and it took nearly 50 years to have another in Miguel Cabrera. Even harder to believ e is that there has not been a Triple Crown winner in the National League in mearly 90 years (Joe Medwick 1937). Wow!!
Shohei and Acuna are certainly capable of it in the coming years. And Soto in the AL.