Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I know he finally got inducted into the Hall recently, but I always considered him a Hall of Famer. SAme with guys like Harold Carmichael and Steve Garvey in baseball. I know the latter is not in the HOF but I still view him that way.
Garvey always falls short in the vets votes. Could he be like Hodges, finally getting in? The guy does have 2599 hits, a career .294 average, he's a 10x all-star, a 4x Gold Glove, a league MVP, and went to 5 world series. That does seem like an HoF resume.

Garvey always falls short in the vets votes. Could he be like Hodges, finally getting in? The guy does have 2599 hits, a career .294 average, he's a 10x all-star, a 4x Gold Glove, a league MVP, and went to 5 world series. That does seem like an HoF resume.
That does seem to be a HOF resume for sure.

Can you think of any Hall of Famers on those good 1970s Dodgers team besides Don Sutton? I can't remember the outfielders on those teams and the ones I do recall were not Hall of Famers. Same with the pitchers as I can only remember a couple of them like Messersmith, Downing and Rhoden. Garvey always seemed to be the best player on those teams and he was practically a household name. The only current MLB player that has that kind of wide spread recognition to the general public would be Aaron Judge.

Hard to believe there may only one HOFer on those Dodgers teams of the 70s that always seemed to be in contention.

That does seem to be a HOF resume for sure.

Can you think of any Hall of Famers on those good 1970s Dodgers team besides Don Sutton? I can't remember the outfielders on those teams and the ones I do recall were not Hall of Famers. Same with the pitchers as I can only remember a couple of them like Messersmith, Downing and Rhoden. Garvey always seemed to be the best player on those teams and he was practically a household name. The only current MLB player that has that kind of wide spread recognition to the general public would be Aaron Judge.

Hard to believe there may only one HOFer on those Dodgers teams of the 70s that always seemed to be in contention.
They had the longest tenured infield in history - Cey, Russell, Lopes and Garvey. They also had Reggie Smith and Dusty Baker in the outfield. So a lot of HoVGers.

Probably, but as a Vikings fan....

😂😂😂😂
I hear ya. Kinda like the Immaculate Reception play, no Raiders fan will ever admit that Harris actually caught the ball without it touching the ground and no Steelers fan will admit that it did hit the ground. I'm the same way with the catch they called off when Dez caught the ball near the end-zone (against the Packers I think) and he lost it after he hit the ground. I will always say it was a catch no matter what! So ya, I totally get it!

Jim Brown '87 Hygrade Football's All-Time Greats
View attachment 101390
My favorite player in any sport to collect. His last year was the year I began collecting cards so I really didn't get to see him play during his career but he still is my #1 guy to collect.

For me he is one of the 4 Supermen of sports. By that I mean guys who were physical freaks and generations ahead of their peers in terms of their athletic prowess. The four Supermen are Brown in football, Wilt in basketball, Ruth in baseball and Howe in Hockey. Anyone who can play pro hockey into their 50s is truly a Superman!

My favorite player in any sport to collect. His last year was the year I began collecting cards so I really didn't get to see him play during his career but he still is my #1 guy to collect.

For me he is one of the 4 Supermen of sports. By that I mean guys who were physical freaks and generations ahead of their peers in terms of their athletic prowess. The four Supermen are Brown in football, Wilt in basketball, Ruth in baseball and Howe in Hockey. Anyone who can play pro hockey into their 50s is truly a Superman!
Don't forget Jim Thorpe, who may have been the greatest all-around athlete of the 20th century.

That's the only card of his I have, but even better I have an auto 8x10 of him and Bob Lilly. It was hanging on my wall but I didn't trust the UV protective glass so its tucked away in a binder for safe keeping!

That's the only card of his I have, but even better I have an auto 8x10 of him and Bob Lilly. It was hanging on my wall but I didn't trust the UV protective glass so its tucked away in a binder for safe keeping!
I have a fair amount of certified autographs but the only two autos I know are 100% authentic are Jim Brown's and Pat Benatar's both of which I got in person. An odd pairing, I admit but they do reflect my general tastes in sports and music.

Don't forget Jim Thorpe, who may have been the greatest all-around athlete of the 20th century.
Very true but I limited my supermens to the 4 major sports. Thorpe would definately fit into that category had I expanded my qualifications.

While Gretzky was the more skilled hockey player, Howe gets my vote for both excellance, toughness and longevity. Playing that sport into your 50s is astounding to me Howe was his own enforcer too. I love the definition of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick.....a goal, an assist and a fight. LOL!!

I have a fair amount of certified autographs but the only two autos I know are 100% authentic are Jim Brown's and Pat Benatar's both of which I got in person. An odd pairing, I admit but they do reflect my general tastes in sports and music.
That is an odd pairing... but still cool. I trust that the Jim Brown auto I have is legit. I sent the photo to his charity office in Cali with a donation and it was signed and back to me in less than 2 weeks.
53567746044_6750139531_m.jpg

That is an odd pairing... but still cool. I trust that the Jim Brown auto I have is legit. I sent the photo to his charity office in Cali with a donation and it was signed and back to me in less than 2 weeks.
View attachment 101397
I remember you posting that before. It was determined that was the game right after the Kennedy assasination where the Brown's fans blamed Dallas for the murder. Great pic from an historic moment for this nation.

I remember you posting that before. It was determined that was the game right after the Kennedy assasination where the Brown's fans blamed Dallas for the murder. Great pic from an historic moment for this nation.
Ya that still comes up sometimes when I tell people I'm from Dallas... we also determined that Brown got free from the tackle of Lilly