Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

It looks like there's a dot where the I should be but no line...
I just looked at Trding Card Database and they don't have it listed as an uncorrectd error. I wonder if the Beckett's annuals did? If I can find one around here, I'll look that up.

I mght be the only person who has such a card mess that those huge annual guides can go MIA! I could be a star on an episode of Hoarders..........the card edition! Geez oh man.

I just looked at Trding Card Database and they don't have it listed as an uncorrectd error. I wonder if the Beckett's annuals did? If I can find one around here, I'll look that up.

I mght be the only person who has such a card mess that those huge annual guides can go MIA! I could be a star on an episode of Hoarders..........the card edition! Geez oh man.
U just gave me a great business idea... card organizer! Price based on amount of cards needing organized. Sounds like I could make a mint from you!

I was very surprised that when Pele passed away that there was not more coverage on him in the mainstream media. As a non soccor guy, Pele was about the only player I knew, but worldwide he was a household name.
Ya when this set came out I bought a few packs on a whim... I kept this one because Pele is so popular. I was surprised at the bv when I asked a few months ago. It books higher than the parallels of the same card. The same time this set came out there was a low end sticker set too, the LCS owner told me he couldn't order enough of those... so many people were coming in to buy them. But that was in Texas so... you know.

Ya when this set came out I bought a few packs on a whim... I kept this one because Pele is so popular. I was surprised at the bv when I asked a few months ago. It books higher than the parallels of the same card. The same time this set came out there was a low end sticker set too, the LCS owner told me he couldn't order enough of those... so many people were coming in to buy them. But that was in Texas so... you know.
I thought soccer was a dirty word in Texas!

It's too bad that in 1966, there was still only one Cy Young award presented to all of MLB. Koufax was the winner but Kaat's numbers were right there... a comparison

Kaat
41 G, 41GS, 19CG, 3SHO, 0GF, 0SV, 304.666IP, 271H, 1227BFP, 29HRA, 114R, 93ER, 55BB, 4IBB, 205K, 9SH, 6SF, 12WP, 3HBP, OBK, 392B, 53B, 24GDP, 25 W, 13 L 2.75 ERA, 4.22 (RUN SUPPORT) 1.070 WHIP

KOUFAX
41G, 41GS, 27CG, 5SHO, 0GF,0SV, 323IP, 241H, 1274BFP, 19HR, 74R, 62ER, 77BB, 4IBB, 317SO, 11SH, 8SF, 7WP, 0HBP, 0BK, 382B, 53B, 13GDP, 27W, 9L, 1.73 ERA, 4.22RS, 0.98WHIP

so seeing the numbers side by side, Sandy did have an advantage in several key stats of the time, but still impressive seasons put up by both pitchers.

Last edited:
I was very surprised that when Pele passed away that there was not more coverage on him in the mainstream media. As a non soccor guy, Pele was about the only player I knew, but worldwide he was a household name.
Same. My brother is a soccer fan, and played his senior year in college for a small private college in Iowa, and ironically shared a birthday with Pele. But yeah my introduction to Pele, was from our 4th Atari 2600 game, which at the time Pele endorsed and was called Pele Soccer. The graphics weren't much and all 3 of your players moved in a triangle formation, but the technological breakthrough for a early 80's video game was when you scored a goal, there was a fireworks celebration cut screen. I'll see if I can find a youtube video of it for you youngins...