Suspended Members

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrimes248

MVP
5.00 star(s)
i have a sales deal with Bench member and i was set to mail his cards this morning. he had not told me exactly how he was going to pay for the cards, so i sent a PM to him. he did answer, but was only then that i noticed his avatar has been changed to suspended.
question: shouldn't his name be added to this Suspended/banned list (at least temporarily) until it is Ok to trade with him again?
and, souldn't there be some kind of mechanism set up to protect other traders
rather than leave it to "dumb luck" to find out he was suspended?
Don

Bump for a response

I think I am in the same boat. I am waiting for cards from a trade 06MAR12 and from this same member waiting for a payment for cards that I was going to mail out today.

In this case, the Banned/suspended list had not been updated yet due to the short amount of time that had passed between the suspension being put in place and the time either of you had seen that he was suspended.

we tend to do a little back and forth witha member before adding to that list. In this case there just hadnt been enough time, and info to do what you are asking for.

On a side note, Never ship cards until you receive payment in the case of a sale, I know it slows things down, but it is for your own protection. We are handling this case the way we handle all of them.

What if you have sent a member money for a card and have yet to recieve it and now they are banned/suspended? I am currently waiting on a card from a member that I noticed yesterday when checking trade manager to see what should be coming in today according to the dates and then it was then I noticed the member is suspended.

It Looks like I have a bad trade with this member as well. I bought a couple of autos. from him and they haven't arrived.

i have a sales deal with Bench member and i was set to mail his cards this morning. he had not told me exactly how he was going to pay for the cards, so i sent a PM to him. he did answer, but was only then that i noticed his avatar has been changed to suspended.
question: shouldn't his name be added to this Suspended/banned list (at least temporarily) until it is Ok to trade with him again?
and, souldn't there be some kind of mechanism set up to protect other traders
rather than leave it to "dumb luck" to find out he was suspended?
Don

I think the moderator team would agree, treat any suspended member as a "Must Send First" on any open trade. As slavlite said, there is always going to be some level of lagtime for a posted deal and the determination that a member is suspended.

On a side note, Never ship cards until you receive payment in the case of a sale, I know it slows things down, but it is for your own protection. We are handling this case the way we handle all of them.

As a practical matter with PayPal, transfer of money generally is almost immediate, and it would typically be appropriate to pay first and it wouldn't cause a delay in shipping, but we don't have a hard and fast rule regarding a "pay first" policy. If you do accept a payment that delays shipment you must communicate that fact to the other member or you risk hits to your communication and shipping ratings. Plus you can't have it both ways, I personally don't want to listen to sellers who bemoan the fact that in accepting PayPal they have fees, but if they take a check or money order, or even concealed cash that they risk a deal going bad if the established member on the other end didn't send.

Last edited:
I think the issue is the following, which has happened to me before. The member you buy a card from isn't suspended when you make a deal. So you send them the payment... low and behold, nothing arrives and you check their avatar and they are now suspended.

Risk we all take

Looks like griffmax2430 is who we are talking about? He has been giving me the runaround about paying for a lot he agreed to buy. He had been saying he'd pay asap for the last two weeks.

I had a trade with griffmax2430 and had sent him approx $1000.00 worth of Nationals and Reds cards, included was a Harper Gold Wal Mart Box Blaster Refractor, Strasburg Rookie Cards, ect. Yes, am very nervous, sent them out on Thursday of last week!

Gordon Townsend

I'm aboard the same boat.................We'll have to see what the future brings................These are the risks all of us take..................Who knows, maybe things will work out for the good....................

Looks like griffmax2430 is who we are talking about? He has been giving me the runaround about paying for a lot he agreed to buy. He had been saying he'd pay asap for the last two weeks.

ditto...

in my emergency-trying-to-avoid-eviction sale thread he immediately jumped on my griffey lot back on the 7th.....i knew he had been posting his own sale threads trying to raise funds so i waited patiently for 10 days before pm'ing him to ask when he'd be paying .... he quickly replied he was having an issue with pay pal but would get money to me within the next few days....a week later i saw him pop in on a few threads to BUY cards so i wrote again to ask when he'd be able to pay me and he assured me he'd be paying right away...the next day he had a new avatar :(

guess i still have a 72-card griffey lot available if anyone is interested ;)

but seriously , (and this question is for a mod) should i go ahead and mark this a bad deal or wait and hope he takes care of it ?

Yes, suspended member in question is griffmax2430. He currently has 49 open trades. This is one of the reasons I was not able to PM everyone involved to let them know he got suspended, happened late at night and it's a lot of issues on this one.

Anyway, I have talked to griff many times now today and he swears he is going to make good on all his open deals. For the time being please do not start flooding the Help Desk with TGB tickets. If you want to cancel a trade, or find out details on a trade with him, you can contact him directly. If there is some problem communicating with griff please let me know.

I mailed Cards to griffmax2430 Three weeks Ago And He was to mail Samre Time, I have nothing and he has my cards posted for trade!

well , THAT was pretty low....

despite repeated promises to send payment apparently he tried to cancel our deal and supported his request by telling the mod that i'd sold the lot to someone else ....guess that makes him either mistaken or a liar (and based on meliah's action to post #15 , apparently my hunch that he has multiple personality disorder may also be true :) )

Wow I just did a few sales with this trader a few weeks ago. Glad I waited till i received payment before i shipped. I hope this works out for everyone.

So are all banned members banned for life or is there any kind of path to reinstatement?

Status
Not open for further replies.