The Bench Autograph Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YankeeBob is about 5'6", he'd make a good SP:p

Just messing with you lurker!

I have to admit, that was very clever thinking. :) You're always thinking of me, which is what scares me the most.:eek: I may have to speak to your wife about this issue.

I guess I'm in the minority with this Bench autograph card concept. It seems rather silly. I can't imagine why anyone would want an autograph card from a fellow Bench member.
:confused:

Outside of who designs the cards who will absorb the cost of printing them and putting them on card stock. I think that since these cards will be signed they should be printed in color on a laser printer so that the ink doesn't run when pen is applied or people sign them. Also I see people saying that people can print out their own ones and stuff but then how would a set look good if there were multiple different paper stocks and color variations.

Last edited:
I have to admit, that was very clever thinking. :) You're always thinking of me, which is what scares me the most.:eek: I may have to speak to your wife about this issue.

I guess I'm in the minority with this Bench autograph card concept. It seems rather silly. I can't imagine why anyone would want an autograph card from a fellow Bench member.

Actually, I'm kinda with Bob here even though I suggested the inserts above. It's just kinda silly. Fun, yes, but silly too. ;)

Jason

I have to throw out the barbs to get you to post it seems like:)

Given the huge response to this idea I have some good thoughts and will unveil them later this week if all goes as planned. I had originally thought that the traders would like a card of themselves and we could use the entire set as a gallery to look at. If people want a set for themselves we could always do that too. Try not to think of it in only that aspect though. Many people would like a custom card of their child playing sports I bet, a lot of TTM's send out custom cards to get signed these days--how cool would it be to make a custom card of yourself with your favorite player (Photoshopped or a real pic from a signing or whatever) and getting them to sign that piece? That last one is a rare example but not impossible.

However this goes down, don't want to say too much right now before I get my details straight, I plan on running this. Since I am not the best at this compared to others I will be the "go to guy", meaning I will handle the printing and shipping costs myself so others can enjoy this potential fun idea.

just my thoughts

I think this is a novel idea. Who says that you have to be famous to have an impact on people. All of the guys (and gals) that have been on here in some ways are like family. It is the little things like e-mails when times are bad, an extra card that you did not expect, or friendships forged through a simple hobby.

What better way to memorialize those friendships and good times than through the hobby that we all share. Every card will mean something because you know those people, you have "grown up" with them. Even though I have been a little removed from the site this year (and for extended periods the past few years due to military service) I consider myself a part of the best trading site on-line and you can count me in for any costs that will be incurred from this. I will proudly display my Bench All-Stars Autographs set in the same box with my 01 SP Legendary Cuts Master GU set (minus that dang Ruth card that I can never find...hint, hint, hint).

To all that have gotten the idea and planning going for this, my hats off. LMK wha I can do to assist.

God bless,
Dewayne

I really like the idea and the card that was made for the Service looked extremely good. This will be a lot of work and i'm curious if someone contacted Topps and told them of this and that money generated would go to charity i wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't help in some way maybe. It's a long shot but might be worth a call to them. I mean the traders on here are the ones buying their products and continue support for them. Anyways a lot of great ideas here so far. I have enjoyed reading every one.

Dennis
________
Best Portable Vaporizer

Last edited:
me and moose2438 were talking about makeing a set of bench traders about a year ago, how it would be an awsome idea, lol, great minds think alike, if you guys do do it, ill sign some autos for it :D

Last edited:
hey if we do dual autos, id like one with pfosset( we both collect lyle overbay) and with my buddy Moose2438(just b/c we trade like all the time with eachother, lol) this idea is really cool. ooh and if i can i call dibs on a HOF slot. lol