The, "crap I didn't mean to type that much in for a bid." topic :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

In the beginning...about 15 years ago....thought I placed a bid of $50.00 on an auction.....reviewed it and saw that I placed a bid of $5,000!! Cancelled bidding error and re-entered with the correct $50.00. :rolleyes: Best regards, David

I have a few times in the past. I write to the seller explaining my mistake and ask him if it's ok to cancel my bid. Surprisingly most of the time they said no problem. I believe you can retract a bid directly through eBay too, but it needs to be done right away.

I recently bid on a card I thought was numbered out of 50. A day later, with something like 6 hours left, I looked at the description again and realized the card was numbered out of 750. I immediately emailed the seller asking them to remove my bid, which they did.

I have a few times in the past. I write to the seller explaining my mistake and ask him if it's ok to cancel my bid. Surprisingly most of the time they said no problem. I believe you can retract a bid directly through eBay too, but it needs to be done right away.

You can retract a bid anytime until there's less than 12 hours before the auction ends. Within the 12 hour period you can retract a bid if you do so within one hour of placing it.