To All I'm Currently Dealing With, Attention Diverted (Wife's Passing) +Press Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

She came home from the hospital yesterday, I was told it's not often someone is released to home directly from ICU, but we have some issues of a serious nature to deal with that starts with her new primary care doctor on Tuesday and continues with a referral to a cardiologist. I'm sure she'll pull through but she is in miserable condion as of today, can't get out of a chair without help and her aphasia (trouble communicating) is particularly bad too as she is extremely tired and relying upon my being at her beck and call more than ever. I've asked for her to give me one evening tomorrow to spend uninterupted as I participate in the BSL draft, I'll probably tend to her needs from time to time as I am past my pick.

You and your wife are in my prayers....hope everything works out! Ask God for help when you are faced with times like these!

Thanks,
Bryan

Update today, still significant issues ahead for my wife and there is a significant enough risk of mortality, but she will stay hospitalized until there is a course of treatment that allows for her to get better at home and as an outpatient.

things will work out man we all go through these times in life just have to have faith that the man upstairs will take care of all god bless

Another update, my wife had a feeding tube surgically installed in her abdomen last Friday, hopefully it will give her enough nutrition to build back her strength. She has been lethargic and out of it in the last three days which has me really worried. If all goes well though she'll be released on Friday to a nursing home to start her long rehab back.

Think good thoughts, James, We're praying for you!

I've taken her health issues in stride over the years, particularly after her stroke 22 months ago, but today to be honest I am really a bit shaken with the thought that she may well not be here and I'm a bit choked up. Thank for all that are sending your prayers!

She's a fighter James and can get through this too. Keep being strong for her, I know it's tough but having you there I'm sure means more to her than anything.

She's a little better today, was able to stand and also sit in a chair beside her bed although still in ICU, they let me wash her which made her feel better too. They will dialyze her tomorrow morring and monitor her for possible release to me late in the afternoon, but the dialysis they did on Thursday at the clinic as well as some on Friday got her blood pressure to the 85/65 range whn 115/80 is around normal and what she is typically use to having here at home. She's got to get serious about eating and may be more at comfort at home. It's probably going to have her lose her job especially with the outgoing administration where she was a Schwarzenagger appointee and not being around for Brown's evaluation. She is still two years away from the 55 age requirement for a regular pension, a disability retirement is a fraction of what that would be, so I may have to have her on long term leave and tap whatever resources to get us through the next two years as I've let my own business stagnate since her stroke nearly two years ago, just a reminder I've spent years building up a personal network around the country of excellent real estate professionals, so if you are in need of a referral please let me help you in that regard.

This is, unfortunately, all too familiar to me. My great-aunt went through dialysis around the same time...her heart rate went up, blood pressure dropped (similar to what you reported) and they had to put her on pressors to prop up the blood pressure.

I hope and pray for both of you, and your family. We are all pulling for you. Please also try to give yourself some care in between...I know it's not easy. May G-d grant you all strength.

Robert

Tough day today, was there past 8PM. She was getting better over the weekend, even sitting in a chair for a couple hours at a time around both lunch and dinner on Sunday, but yesterday she had regressed, fluid on the lungs and I get a call this morning she had been moved to ICU with a lung infection. Had to authorize a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) that was installed into her jugular tonight as an iv line. Hopefully this is something that will allow her to let her body have what it needs to heal, but she has said she doesn't want to live permanently like this.

Sadly this update is not good news. After having a very encouraging day yesterday things turned bad this morning when my wife had an atrial fibulation episode (heart beats fast, 230 per minute) and the prognosis is she will not make it home from the hospital. She needs heart surgery and yet she is not strong enough to survive it, she won't get better before another such attack permanantly damages her. Understandably I will be taking some time away from any trading and deal with preparations for her demise. Thanks to all for your concerns.

Wow tuff news James, at times like these words seem to be ...well..just words. I wish for you the stamina and courage to withstand the coming dark days. We as a group of your fellow traders ,but more importantly your friends ,stand beside you buddy. You have been a wonderful example to all of us as to how we need to treat those we love.Hang in there my friend.
Randy

James, so sorry to hear about this. Take care of things there and we'll be around when you get back.

I can not imagine the the thought of losing my wife, my heart is breaking for you.

Words can not express the sorrow I feel after reading that update James. If you need anything at all please let us know, we will be here for you.