Trade Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MasonAsher2014

Prospect
Just a quick one. Is it against the rules to have a three way trade? Just like in the MLB teams to it all the time.
Say I want a Rookie from Tim and he has a GU I want but won't do a RC for GU.
Bring Dave in with a GU and he is will to trade it for a RC i have. So it'd look like this.

Me: GU from Tim
Tim: Rookie from Me, GU from Dave
Dave: Rookie from Me

Any problem with this? Or is it against the rules?

I have done a few three way trades. I look to see what the best way to have everyone ship just once, and then I post individual trades.

Example of close to what I've done: I (A) have 1972 Topps baseball mid-high range cards totalling $24 BV that (B) needs and he has 3 high numbers that book at $12 each that one has what I need but match two that (C) needs who can send me two I need and one more high I had for (C) as he also won't trade highs for anything but other highs.

Trade one:
Mailing from A to B: $24 in mid-high plus one high to be passed through to C. A receives three highs from C.

Trade two:
Mailing from B to C: the one high from A (has to wait to receive) along with two highs to C. Received the mid-highs for himself and a high to pass through to C from A

Trade three:
Mailing from C to A: three highs to A. Received a high from A though B and two highs from B

I know it's complicated, but when packages are two bucks to mail, sometimes eliminating one or two mailings makes a difference in getting deals done. I'm not sure if your example has an extra mailing or two, but when dealing with a Must Send First you have to make sure that they end up getting their cards out before receiving anything. Regardless of who I am in this case, I can only post two trades and can only advise one of the other parties on how to post the remaining trade between the two of them.

Last edited:

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online