Welcome to the New Bench!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Here you go

Thanks,
Dennis

Ok another question. When i go to edit my trade or want list i can make the changes but when i go to hit save i get a oops there is a problem message and the changes don't get made. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dennis

I just edited one of my threads and it worked. Maybe you should try and edit a thread that doesn't have as many characters as the one with your trade list and see what happens.

Here you go

Thanks,
Dennis

PM sent

Here you go

Thanks,
Dennis

Sorry for the delayed response here. My son had a football game.

As @mm1sub said, the error was because the post was too large. I forgot to change the default maximum character limit when I was setting up the new site. It has been fixed now, so you should be good to go.

Mike - The site looks amazing! I appreciate all of the work that you've put into it!

You previously mentioned that there will eventually be a character limit on Threads (PM's as well I assume?) When that happens will we get a pop up notice stating that the Post/Thread that we're attempting to post is too long? My concern there is losing info typed into the the PM/Thread once we submit.

Also, I have a couple threads up that had a lot of pictures in them. (Player/Team Lots) After the new site launched a lot of the pictures were no longer viewable. I eventually figured out that was because there is now a limit of 20 pictures per post. Any chance that can increase?

Again, I appreciate everything! Especially your time!

Thanks
Craig

You previously mentioned that there will eventually be a character limit on Threads (PM's as well I assume?) When that happens will we get a pop up notice stating that the Post/Thread that we're attempting to post is too long? My concern there is losing info typed into the the PM/Thread once we submit.

Also, I have a couple threads up that had a lot of pictures in them. (Player/Team Lots) After the new site launched a lot of the pictures were no longer viewable. I eventually figured out that was because there is now a limit of 20 pictures per post. Any chance that can increase?

I decided against the character limit. I initially had it set to 50k characters, but that's been removed. I'd ask that very long posts be broken into parts, if possible, but the only limit is the limit of the database type, which is set at 16 million characters.

Just like with the post length, I'd prefer images also be spread out into multiple posts where possible, but I'll increase the limit there too.

The reason for the limits is because there are so many folks browsing the web on mobile networks these days, and having too many images (especially), and too much data (long posts) can cause the pages to take a very long time to load on mobile connections. Not only do long load times create a negative browsing experience for the members, it also hurts our ranking in search engines like Google.

Mike - Thanks for sharing that info. I had no idea about the mobile loading issue or the Google ranking. I appreciate it!

Thanks
Craig

Can someone help me figure out how to find my posts to other traders' threads?
And also, where are the threads that I put out there?
Thanks...

If you click on your name then ot will bring you to your user profile. Right underneath your transactions you will see a find button. Click that and you will ge the choice to see your started threads or threads that you have responded to.

Change is always good and I'm sure in the long run this will prove to be true.
I always felt that the site was overloaded with old posts which could not be deleted by user owner. I know myself when I post for wanting a particular card, team etc, I was not able to delete the post when I finished the collection. Can something be done about that? Thx Jim

I understand what you mean. I don't like big changes either! The problem is, the site was broken. When I acquired the site I had to do a lot of work just to piece things back together to make them work. The software on this site was old, and vulnerable to attacks. Because the site software was so old, I had to downgrade everything on my server to make it work too, which put the entire server at risk.

I'm hoping that you all will, eventually, find that the new site is much more efficient. Besides things working better, most tasks should be easier to do too.

As always, if there is anything you'd like to see different, please let me know and I'll look into changing it. That's one good thing about new software. It's a lot easier to update!

Mike I remember you mentioning a "dark" mode option in the past. Is that available?

I always felt that the site was overloaded with old posts which could not be deleted by user owner. I know myself when I post for wanting a particular card, team etc, I was not able to delete the post when I finished the collection. Can something be done about that?

Generally speaking, it doesn't help much to delete old threads where site speed is concerned and if that thread is already listed in search engines it's actually better to just leave them be. If someone searches Google for something in one of those threads it'll lead them to us. So, I'd say it's best to just leave them open and let them work their way down the page list.

Mike I remember you mentioning a "dark" mode option in the past. Is that available?

That's something I started working on with the old site but never got a chance to finish. I'll have to make a new one here so I'll add that to my list of things to do.

That's something I started working on with the old site but never got a chance to finish. I'll have to make a new one here so I'll add that to my list of things to do.
No rush.

Also just noticed the Super Collector badge no longer shows up. Was this done away with?

No rush.

Also just noticed the Super Collector badge no longer shows up. Was this done away with?

No, not done away with. The data is still there. In fact, we made changes there so that members can super collect multiple players rather than just one. I just have to find a way to display it.

No, not done away with. The data is still there. In fact, we made changes there so that members can super collect multiple players rather than just one. I just have to find a way to display it.
That's great! How does that process work now? Still a submission somewhere? No rush again just curious since I already was a SC for one player but can also be for multiple.

That's great! How does that process work now? Still a submission somewhere? No rush again just curious since I already was a SC for one player but can also be for multiple.

I actually don't even know the answer to that yet. Isn't there some kind of application? Hopefully another moderator will step in here and answer this one. I wouldn't imagine we'd change the process from before.

I just wanted to mention that deleting threads affects post counts. Not just the person who owns the thread, but also all respondents.

I am curious if the Hall of Fame is updated automatically and the frequency. Thanks. Dave

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have our HOF tags back? Maybe with a twist. Like HOF Legacy or which ever tier that each Hof member is in? Just think that would be cool. Member and active member is kinda bland.