XCON World VI Comic Convention - Myrtle Beach May 18th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLNoble13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
My wife and I made the trip to Myrtle Beach for the XCON World VI Comic Convention to meet a few of The Walking Dead cast. The convention was absolutely awesome! It was the best one we have ever been too. We started the day off meeting Travis Love (Shumpert) one of the Governor's henchman. He was incredibly nice and down to earth and freaking huge! We both got a picture with him and we bought a signed photo. He loved my wife and couldn’t get enough of her and he talked to us for a long time.

Shumpert (Travis Love)

229030.jpg

Shumpert and me

229040.jpg

Next we went to see IronE Singleton aka: T-Dogg. He was a major hugger and talked his head off. Very fan friendly and he said he wanted to take photos with both of us, then each one of us individually. He also signed a photo I had of him, Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln and Steven Leun. I already have Norman on it so now all I need is Steven and Andrew. We told him we hated him in The Blindside, loved him in The Walking Dead and were sad to see him go. You could tell he takes his work serious and is so humble hearing from his fans.

T-Dogg (IronE Singleton)

229034.jpg

T-Dogg and me
th_994003529_100_2198_122_14lo.jpg

We walked around a little after that to see who all else was there and where they were. Then we decided to get in Michael Rooker's line which was the longest line in the convention. The line actually moved rather quickly. He showed up at the convention with a mo-hawk and my wife didn't know what to say to him. I already had a signed photo of him which I got at a convention last year and we only paid to have our photo taken with him. I actually brought the photo along to show him what he wrote on it. When we got up to where he was, my wife was very nervous and he calmed her down and talked to us for about 5 minutes. He joked around with her and me and when he took her photo he hugged her and then with mine, I showed him the picture he signed when he wrote "Don't be a pu__y" and he just busted out laughing. He was awesome and we did not except him to be that nice and friendly and laid back. He actually whispered something to my wife and told her she needed to get a photo with a funny inscription on it to match the one I have.

Merle (Michael Rooker)

229033.jpg

Merle and me

229041.jpg

We also met and took photos and got pictures signed by 3 walkers who were there. Michael Koske who has been killed 45 times as a walker, Tony Gowell who was in the barn full of walkers and a few other episodes and his son who Alex Wayne who was the walker who ate Lori in season 3.

Tony Gowell (barn walker)

229035.jpg

Alex Wayne (walker who ate Lori)

229036.jpg

Michael Koske

229037.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats we debated pn going to Detroit for "Daryl and Shane" this weeked but Shane cancelled and wasnt gonna shell out the total cost of over $100 just to meet Norman

Hey Spencer. Awesome convention and photos.great to see the actors signing for the fans.