After 12 years of looking I finally found an alternative to EBAY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
After 12 years of looking I finally found an alternative to EBAY! Its called checkoutmycards.com (COMC) I went to the site yesterday and it really looks like the next EBAY! It looks like a really good place to both buy and sell cards. It is worth taking a look at. anyone else like this site? thank you to everyone that recommended this site to me, it is awesome!

Yup, it's already pretty popular here on the Bench. I've bought from the site before, and never had a problem with it. I've found some really good deals from there!

thank you very much! i appreciate the responses and links. I was looking at the site last night and it looks like a pretty good place to sell and as a buyer there is ALOT of cards already on their site. it looks like a real promising site and alternative to ebay.

I like the fact that you can buy cards and they will keep them there until you request that they be shipped you save on shipping fees that way and you don't have to pay the $.01 storage fee for cards you purchase only cards you are selling.

It definitely has potential.

My thoughts so far in my dealings:

I tried to add credit, but I live in Washington. It automatically added sales tax to my total. I have no way of removing that. Why am I paying TAX on a line of credit I will use and get taxed on the purchase too? I live in WA as I said before so when I buy, unless on credit it's different, they add tax to my order. I see this as a way to get double taxed. Maybe there is a solution, but I have never gone forward with adding credit because I don't know for sure.

The s/h tends to get out of hand fast with singles in larger quantities. Even at something like $0.25 per card beyond the basic shipping fee, you get 20 cards and that is $5.00 plus the actual shipping charge. 40 cards and you are out $10+ for shipping! I don't think there is a cap.

Right now selection is mediocre. Sometimes I find some decent deals, but a lot of overpriced stuff and junk that won't ever sell.

I have nabbed some good stuff there though, so it has it's shining moments.

Yea I am a fan of COMC too, that is for buying. As for selling I am not so sure. I recently pulled a bunch of cards I was thinking of selling and there are always 5 or 6 cards selling at very low prices. That can be good and bad all in the same roll. For selling its bad unless you want to pay rent to let them hold your cards for you and let everyone else undersell you. But there usually are a few nice cards to nab for TTMing but that’s really about it. Most people don’t yet know of the site and the more that do will only bring prices down and the backlog of junk up. Don’t get me wrong some might make a good sell there but generally it sounds more like a rip off to sell because you have to go so low, I may as well just mail out all my cards for free that I really don’t want.
So no it’s not the new eBay, not even close yet. Just a new venue to sell some stuff and not really get anything for them. That is unless you want more credit.

I have always received my cards quick, but I am just down the road from them too. Not sure about haphazardous. Mine always come packaged securely. I usually do end up getting 15-20+ cards at a time, but that is just my buying habit more than anything. I visit the site and then maybe don't go back for a few months. The S/H cost is the biggest deterrent to buying more.

I have noticed the underbidding that someone mentioned. Unless I am buying a serialized card, I usually go with the lowest price, even if it's just a penny, because why would you purposefully pay more? You are buying from specific sellers, but in a way, are not. The service you get is from COMC, not the individual sellers. I suppose if you bought a bunch from the same seller, you might want to give them a few cents more on a card some other seller has slightly cheaper, but it couldn't be much more. I don't know if the sellers even get to know who bought the cards from them? Anyone know?

I have not been able to try the offer function, because I can't get credit loaded (due to my previous issue - TAXING OF MY CREDIT PAYMENT). If sellers are generally willing to bargain a little, even better. For now, I just buy what I think is priced fair and pay full price.

Nearly all sellers list their stuff REALLY over-priced, but they will usually accept offers which are 50% of the listing price. Some will even auto-accept those sort of offers instantaneously. It doesn't hurt to make an offer on cards and save a few dollars.

I've bought a few cards from comc in the past. I never buy anything at the listed price, I always make offers.

I like it, but I think the shipping charges are too high. I like sportlots, although you can't see what you are buying there.