Curious about your 2010 collecting goals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1. Complete my PSA 5 or better '48 Bowman set (need 9 more)
2. Complete '76-Present Topps set run (need 247 from '76, 5 from '78, and 2 from '97)
3. Complete '76-Present Topps Update set run (need 43 from '76, 4 from '94, 19 from '02, 8 from '04, and an '82 set)
4. Complete entire Fleer set run (need '91-'97, '02, and '06)
5. Reach 2000 posts and 450 trades (starting at 1558 posts and 367 trades)

My mid-year update:
1. Just 4 to go.
2. '97 is complete, but still need most of the '76s & '78s
3. Haven't made much progress on this one.
4. Still need to finish '91, '93-'97, and '02
5. It's going to tougher than I thought.

- Britt

Finished the 2008 ud heroes Ken Griffey jr. auto rainbow set...purple auto #5, Red auto #10, beige auto #15, gray auto #25, navy blue auto #35, charcoal auto #75. Emerald auto/gu #5, Navy blue auto/gu #10, Red auto/gu #25 and Light blue auto/gu #50. Charcoal auto/patch serial #25. Only added two 2003 timeless treasures gold cards serial #10..but one was Harmon Killebrew!! Still working hard on the YSL Project! Finished 2010 A & G Monsters of the Mesozoic age! and also current working on the 2010 bowman purple refractor set! Best regards, David

Here are my updates....

This years goals for me will be quite modest...

1) Complete my Red Sox inventory (Yes...it's still a work in progress)
2) Hit 20,000 different Red Sox cards (current count 18,834)
3) Hit 2500 posts to move up to the next HOF level.
Scott

1) - Yes, I'm still working on it....
2) - Done! - current count 21,686
3) - getting there

Scott

2010 Bowman Master set, all the colored bordered parallels & refractors (except 1/1's of course)

1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold, Mirror Blue, & Mirror Red

1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold, Blue, & Red

1971 Topps (Birth Year)

Fell out of collecting in 2000 & recently back into it...Gonna just stick with Bowman from now on & will probably just buy the complete Topps sets when they come out, I like the idea these guys have on here about a complete set every year since they were born, I was just gonna do my birth year, but now have a new goal...Thanks guys, I think.........haha

1. Get started on a 1970 Topps baseball set by June or so.
2. Complete the 2010 Topps base and Updates & Higlights series.
3. Possibly start a player collection, either Gil Hodges or Carl Furillo.
4. Clean up some of the variation cards I need from Topps sets, especially the 1974 Washington cards. This one is left over from last year.
5. Continue to catalog and scan - atleast make some attempt to get organized.

Good Luck everyone with your goals,
Marvin

All-Star Break update:
1. Barely started the 1970, 6 out of 720. I'm getting the itch though.
2. 2010 Topps Series I and II complete.
3. Decided on Furillo and picked up a 52 Bowman and both 57 Topps.
4. Finished the 1974 Topps Washington variations, still need a few from 89 Topps and 91 Topps.
5. I had actually made some progress on scanning but lost alot when my last computer died and I wasn't smart enough to backup. :rolleyes:

Good Luck everyone,
Thanks,
Marvin

I'm going to try to get all of Jiovanni Mier's cards produced (realistically excluding 1 of 1's and maybe a red refractor). So far I'm making good headway with the tight budget that I have but I still need some lower numbered cards as well as a variations on his 2009 Bowman Draft. He shouldn't be in too many products so hopefully it will be feasible.

Took a short 4 month break from collecting from about February to May so wasn't able to pick up too much of Mier.
Within the last week I've been able to pick up two pieces:
2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Turn of the Century AU /825
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Refractor AU /500

There are still many base and mid range #'d inserts that can be found but am having trouble finding those who have cards of him. Its also turning out Blue/Gold/Orange REF's from Chrome are staying hotter than I expected and Gold/Black REF's from Sterling are as well. I may have to reach into my pocket a little to grab some. Let me know if anybody has any cards at all of Mier I may need!

An updated goal of mine is to finish a 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft AU set and so far I am 11/21. Hoping to make even more progress soon

I am curious about what you are going to collect in 2010 and what direction you think your collection is going to take.

For me, with all the mess around UD/MLB/MLBPA/Licenses etc., it seems to me that the only set that I will work on is the venerable Topps/Topps Traded base set. Since that won't keep me too busy for too long, I am thinking that 2010 will see me concentrating on my 70's Topps sets. My ultimate goal has always been to have a set for every year of my life. Next year will hopefully get me closer to that goal.

Anyway, let me know what you are going to do in 2010.

Thanks,

Thanks for all of the mid-year updates everyone! It looks like there's still a lot of collecting going on, even with all of the economy issues and lack of product this year.

As for me, I am putting some huge dents in my 74, 77 and 78 sets. I finished 2010 series 1, but just picked up my first blaster of series 2. Still have a few months to polish that one off. ;)

Keep up the great work everyone!

I didn't do so well with my 2009 collecting goals (or the year in general, for that matter... lol), so here's hoping that 2010 is a much better year.

1. Get to 3600 different Chippers. (Currently at 3210 as of 12/31/09)
2. Complete the 2007 Moments & Milestones Chipper Jones base set ***/150. (Currently at 425/518 as of 12/31/09)
3. Knock off some more of the Chipper Jones base cards that I still am looking for.
4. Get to 100 different Joe Flacco cards. (Currently at 31 as of 12/31/09)
5. Reach 750 trades and 5000 posts to get to the next level of the Bench HOF.
6. Clear out the rest of my older commons. C'mon, yard sale!
7. Attend The National in Baltimore. :D

1. Have 3405 different on July 22, 2010.
2. 62 to go... but just found the motherload of the ones that I am still looking for, so I will begin to slowly chip (no pun intended) away at this number.
3. Still a WIP.
4. Hmm... not sure where I stand with this one at the moment.
5. Done. :)
6. They didn't have a yard sale this year. :rolleyes:
7. 3 weeks and counting...

Last edited:
1) Finish My 2003 Score Football set
2) Finish My 2007 Fleer Baseball set
3) 5% on Jonny Flynn
4) Complete 20 Buffalo Bills Team Sets
5) Complete 20 New York Knicks Team Sets
6) Complete 20 Buffalo Sabres Team Sets
7) Organize my cards
8) Get rid of some cards
9) increase my ttm collection
10) make the bench HOF

1. still working on
2. same as 1
3. not gonna worry since 2010-11 will be out soon
4,5,6. WIP
7. WIP
8. WIP
9. COMPLETED!
10. COMPLETED!

Down to 6 cards for my 1973-2010 Topps run. Still looking for the last three cards from my 2001 Topps set, a Schmidt rookie, Yount rookie, and the card that I have been searching for forever. A 1975 Topps #531 Reds Team card.

Reached my goal for my A's collection of 20%. I started at about 15% back in January and many members here have really helped me out in reaching 20%. This is way earlier than i thought I would be able to do it.

This is 12,081 different cards of 60,191 cards that I know exist.

Thank you to all that helped.

The card that put me at 20% was a Jack Cust Finest Moments Autograph.

Now to think of what kind of goal I want for next year.

- Chris

Down to 6 cards for my 1973-2010 Topps run. Still looking for the last three cards from my 2001 Topps set, a Schmidt rookie, Yount rookie, and the card that I have been searching for forever. A 1975 Topps #531 Reds Team card.

This is VERY impressive, IMO. Being one who is working on sets from 1970 to 2010, I know what you have done. I would like to try and help with your 2001 set. which 3 cards do you still need? Please let me know and I will see if I have them for you.

Thanks,

This is VERY impressive, IMO. Being one who is working on sets from 1970 to 2010, I know what you have done. I would like to try and help with your 2001 set. which 3 cards do you still need? Please let me know and I will see if I have them for you.

Thanks,

Just picked up a mint Yount rookie for 10.00 and Robert (greatdadx2) is sending me the 1975 Topps Reds Team Card. The only cards I need are the Schmidt rookie and 2001 Topps #'s 519,593, and 653. I am 169 cards short for my 1972 Topps set but almost all of them are those brutal high #'s.

This years goals for me will be quite modest...

1) Complete my Red Sox inventory (Yes...it's still a work in progress)
2) Hit 20,000 different Red Sox cards (current count 18,834)
3) Hit 2500 posts to move up to the next HOF level.
Scott

Well 2 out of 3 is pretty good for this year!

1) Yes, I'm still working on it....
2) Done! current count - 23,602!
3) Done! Thanks to all the great Benchies out there for all the trades!

Scott

I don't think I'll set any goals for set or player collections. I am going to set a TTM goal, I will announce it in the autographs/discussion thread and track it there once I finally arrive on a number. I has been too long since I added to my T218 boxing set so maybe I'll make it a point to get a few of those.
I crushed my TTM goal of 200 returns and 400 autographs. Never did add to my T218 set.

Finally did decided that I NEED to finish my 2005 Topps Heritage set. This was the set that got me back into hard core collecting almost 5 years ago I should at least finish it. I just need about 30 SPs.
Down to just 5 SPs needed which is a huge win for me. I'll be finishing this in the first quarter of 2011.

Just picked up a mint Yount rookie for 10.00 and Robert (greatdadx2) is sending me the 1975 Topps Reds Team Card. The only cards I need are the Schmidt rookie and 2001 Topps #'s 519,593, and 653. I am 169 cards short for my 1972 Topps set but almost all of them are those brutal high #'s.

Down to last 2 cards. I need a 2001 Topps #519 and the Schmidt rookie. I will have to wait until after the holidays to get the Schmidt card. But I am down to 148 cards for my 1972 set but most of those are the high numbers.

1) Finish off the 2008 A&G, 2008 & 2009 Heritage baseball. 2008 UD Heroes football. 2007-8 OPC hockey sets. (really want to get these ones done)
2) Get my Expos autograph collection to over 200 different.
3) Get my Montreal Canadiens autograph collection to somewhere between 4-500 different.
4) Hope to have 75 Baseball HOF autographs.
5) Have over 2000 different hockey, 500 different baseball & football autographs. As well as starting a basketball autograph collection.
6) Have 75+ Bench points.
7) Finish off the Habs Inks autograph set, only 6 left out of the 65. This one may not be done since the last SP went for $2800 on eBay and one of the SP have not been found yet.

1) Did not even try to finish them.
2) Think I am around 150
3) I'm at around 400 now I think.
4) Have around 50.
5) Reached 2000+ different hockey autos. Not sure with the baseball count but it should be close to 400, football is just under 200 and not too many basketball.
6) Have not made a trade here this year.
7) only picked up 1 this year, seen some but people wanted way too much and I'm not the only one that thinks that, one has been up at least 10 times on eBay.

Things may change on Sunday after going to a card show but not that much.

I like this thread every year. And my goals are usually similar.

1 - Complete Topps Base and Update sets, including selected insert sets. I will not be doing the gold set this year. That was a one shot deal to celebrate my 40th straight Topps set.

2 - Possibly Complete Topps Heritage, A & G and Heritage Update sets. Not sure if I am going to do these this year or not.

3 - The one I usually fail on every year - GET ORGANIZED

4 - Add to my Red Sox GU and Auto collection. Not going to set specific targets this time around.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 - Basically done but still looking for a couple of inserts
2 - A & G is done. 09 Heritage High and 10 Heritage still missing some SPs.
3 - Out and out FAILURE.
4 - Added a few so a success.

Thanks,

Jeff

Find that bloody stupid 1993 Lime Rock Dominican Winter League Diamond Star card of Bernardo Brito!!!!

Nope, maybe next year :/

Find that last card for my Steve Howard collection (1985 Chong Modesto A's)

Mission accomplished!

Complete my Dave Henderson Collection

Sadly in the entire year, I only added one card from that want list.

And add to the list this:
Find that 1994 Chiba Lotte Marines menko of Hensley Meulens, the very last Meulens card known to exist (until I discover some other uncatalogued oddball)

Complete the NTV/UD Hideki Matsui Homerun Collection set (this will be pricey!)

While I did pick up two new Meulens cards (one catalogued, one not), I still didn't pick up the scent of that menko. I did manage to pick up a dozen or so of the Matsui cards, but the set just keeps growing beyond my reach.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors