Donruss 08 Threads Redemption Help pick player they will give me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

This was their last response to my ongoing issues with them let me know what you guys think or if you would be interested in the card and you want me to get it for you so we can trade, thanks-

Updated By: Panini America Response No. 18 Thursday, January 21 2010 09:35:54 AM
Description Details:
I've found a couple of cards for you to choose from:
05 Diamond Kings HOF Heroes Platinum Framed Black Signature Frank Robinson 1/1 08 National Treasures Rookie Combo Platinum Patches (both with the NFL Logos) DeSean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly 1/4 08 National Treasures Signature Patches Tony Romo 21/25

I'd take either the Robinson or the Romo. One's a HOF 1/1 autograph, which you could flip quite easily on eBay. And the other's a Cowboy, and their fans are stupid nuts when it comes to buying Cowboy crap. Almost as bad as the Evil Empire fans. Also should be easy to flip on eBay.

I am guessing the Romo is an auto as it is the Signature Patches set. Any of those cards could be flipped for a pretty penny on ebay.

so do you guys think if I went with the 1/1 robinson card that would be the better deal since its a 1/1.

they are hot and heavy on Kobe...I'd tell them you want a Kobe and see if they will do it...they must have a bunch of his stuff floating around the office...and if you don't like him, then you could sell it and get whatever you want...I'd at least mention it and see what they say...never know until you ask.

I'd take the Robinson if I planned on keeping it. I'd take the Romo and sell IMMEDIATELY if I were going to get rid of it.

Tim

you dont think the frank will have much sell value, not a collector of either so just want to either get the most cash out of it or be able to trade it to somebody for somebody I collect

They wont give me anybody that i collect, i dont have any options other then what they give me to pick from

05 Diamond Kings flooded the market with 1/1's - including 1/1 Autographs. I personally own 6 2005 Diamond King 1/1's of Bill Hall, and 3 of those have signatures on them. I paid $15 each for them. Granted, Bill Hall is no Frank Robinson...........but I'd gamble on getting more from Tony Romo AUTO #/25 than a Frank Robinson AUTO any day.

Tim

PS: I wonder how many times over the last few years that Donruss has offered that same 2005 Frank Robinson to collectors with redemption problems only to see them pass on it!:eek:

Hard finding football collectors on here, really just a baseball site for the most part, would like to trade either card I get instead of selling it.

did you ask about Kobe?

If it's one or the other...and thats it...I'd take the Romo and sell it, then buy something you like with the money...the Romo will probably bring more than the Robinson...you can get a Robinson auto pretty cheap, doubt a 1/1 would make much difference unless you luck out and find someone who just happens to collect Robinson.

I'd try to push the Kobe issue, tell them they just signed him and they have to have something there they could send you...you'd get more for a Kobe than either or those even if it's a high #'d auto.

I didnt read the whole thread so I dont know what you were suppose to get, but if these are your options now I'd go for either of the National Treasures cards. Either one should get you $40+.

If you decide to get one of the football cards I would be interested in it depending on what you want in return.