Got an Error with BSL League file?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
My computer when ape **** when I was trying to open OOTP. I get a message that says "Cannot load this database because it has been created with an earlier version of OOTP. Please use the import OOTP 11 button to import database". Please help!!

EDIT BY slavlite:

Please see post #15 in this thread for directions on how to re download the .zip folder for our league.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheBench league is now gone from OOTP. When I used to open it up it had the league I crreated in the beginning and TheBench league. Now there is only my original league there. I also looked for the old thread on how we got started but could not find it.

Please let me know what i need to do.

A little while back, I temporarily lost the Bench Sim league also. While I don't recall what I did to get it back, I do know it was rather easy. Try restore game from back-up. If not, look around at your options and select one that sounds like it might help. I wish I had written down what I did so I could be more help.

It happens sporadically when the game is based off an archive file like our league is. There is no way around it. The most important thing anyone can do is make sure the game is fully closed before shutting down your CPU, and if it crashes, hope for the best on the reload. These type of files are corrupted a lot during saving and closing, which is why I never multi-task on my computer when the BSL file is being loaded or closed.

Cory

I have been downloading stuff and trying everything for 3 days now. I really think I am done with the league.

That download did not work for you yesterday?

Please dont quit because of this, We can get you a fix.

The Website is updated so if you need to drop players to make room for draftees, Look at you minors on the website and PM me the players you want released. The draftable players list is available on the website for tonights draft.

Last edited:
I have been downloading stuff and trying everything for 3 days now. I really think I am done with the league.

Yeah... I 2nd the don't quit... You have been waiting to be in first
place since the old BSL and your there now!!! If you need help,
we can get you set back up.. PM me if you still are having problems!!

Kendall

I have folder on my desk top that says Bench Sim League.lg but I cannot figure out where to put it. I will be there for the draft though.

If the folder on your desktop is the "unzipped" The Bench Sim League.lg folder

Open : My Documents> Out of The Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 12 > Saved Games

Then just drag the unzipped The Bench Sim League.lg Folder into the Saved Games folder.

Once its there, You should be able to open the software and open The Bench Sim League in the software, as long as that works you should only need to click on "Check for updated League file" and that should get you to where you need to be.

If the folder on your desktop is the "Zipped folder"

Then you just need to Right click on the folder, and select extract all. Set the extract folder to the above mentioned "Saved Games" folder and that should do what you need it too.

I just read this and this just happened to me last night what can I do to fix. If someone can on me about it that would've a great help

Download the League Folder :
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT DOWNLOAD OF ZIP FILE.

IF that link doesnt wwork, you may have to type out the URL exactly as you see it above, With the capital letters and spacing in "The Bench Sim League.lg.zip" part.

Once it is downloaded, You can right click the zipped folder > extract all> Choose the following directory to extract the files too:
My Documents> Out of The Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 12 > Saved Games

Once you have the extracted folder in the saved games folder, You can open the software and open the league > You will then need to "Check for updated league file" at that point you should be good to go

Last edited by a moderator:
The game closed and had to end now. When I go in to load a saved game, it is gone. Do I have to redownload the entire zip file, or is there an easier fix? I have a saved game .dat file in the directory, but don't know how to reload it.

Todd

This last update crashed my league file as well. I had to re-download the entire zip, overwrite the contents in the correct directory for it, then upload the 'new' file once I loaded the league.

Works good now.