BSL Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I have been really busy today, so I will hopefully be able to help some of you out with a different method tomorrow afternoon. Please be patient, being a holiday weekend and all.

9 teams left to get done, I know CHW and BAL are having CPU issues in general. I am working on posting a fix for the guys having the other issues as well.

If the zip file is having an error, you will need to follow a different method of attempting to get the league info on your computer.

1. REMOVE all Bench related .lg files out of the saved_games folder!
2. DOWNLOAD this link http://www.benchsimleague.com/LeagueFiles/The Bench Sim League.tar.gz
3. Click that tar.gz file and extract it to the saved_games folder (if it doesn't let you extract, you will have to download the program called 7zip for free to be able to unzip that type of file.
4. Once it is extracted into the saved_games folder (takes awhile) The folder will be named The Bench Sim League . If the folder DOES NOT have the extension .lg at the end, please right click, rename and add .lg to the end. The folder should read The Bench Sim League.lg

After that is in place, open your ootp game, and see if the league will load. If it does, update files, export. If it does not, report back here with errors or issues.

Last edited:
0-4. But got a new message to go with the ootp11. Asking if I want to restore game from a backup file? Is that an option or should I go ahead with Plan B as presented above?

Andy.. I would suggest trying plan B that Cory just listed above.. Not sure why you are getting OOTP 11 messages, if you are running OOTP 12.

Brewers tried both methods, numerous times. Just like on the real diamond, the Crew is on a losing streak. LOL.

Three days of oisting it's not working and taking 24 hours for each download. I don't have time to keep trying. I wouldn't consider it giving up that easy.

I didn't mean give up on the game playing but I work way to much to keep trying to upload something that is now taking 24 hours to get a error message.

Three days of oisting it's not working and taking 24 hours for each download. I don't have time to keep trying. I wouldn't consider it giving up that easy.

I didn't mean give up on the game playing but I work way to much to keep trying to upload something that is now taking 24 hours to get a error message.

This may help although i may be wrong.If your using windows 7 try this

Start
Run
Type in prefetch
Click on organize on top
click select all
Click Yes
depending on how many files are listed may take a few moments to delete them all

Start
Run
type in %temp%
click organize
click select all
temp files will highlight
on keyboard click delete

When i was having my issues i tried everything in the book like i said not sure it may work

Also you maybe running programs in the back ground

Start
Run
Type in msconfig
new window opens select start-up
Any program with a check mark is currently running
Only program that should be running is your virus protection
restart your computer

I know it's frustrating. Imagine trying to sort all these issues out and not just your own. We're slowly getting people back online, it is just taking some time.

Odds are, most issues can be fixed WITHOUT redownloading the zip or tar.gz file. Once you have it, stick it on your desktop and leave it alone. Extract it all you want, the odds of a corrupt zip or tar.gz are about 1 in 100 or more.

I will try to be on skype the next few hours as well as tomorrow afternoon/evening if all goes well so I can remote in on your desktops and fix some of these issues. Not everyone is a quick fix. The software is jerky, so you've got to bear with it.

I'm back to 12 hour days at work tomorrow. I tried about 10 times with no luck. Download in process now, says I have 179 days to go. LOL

Mets are now officially back up and running.

Thank you very much bluewatertrader for taking the time and having the patience to help me get back online.

Last edited:
If you havent exported, pm me with your exact issue and lets setup a time where i can remote access pc and get setup. I am going to run a sim tomorrow night, so in the pm include any nessecary roster moves as well.

Update on the remaining owners as of now:

BAL - having hardware issues.
TB - nothing yet
CHW - having software issues.
MIN - nothing yet, having previous issues.
TEX - nothing yet
OAK - nothing yet
CHC - nothing yet
MIL - got PM, need to set up remote access time.

Last edited: