Got an Error with BSL League file?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

This last update crashed my league file as well. I had to re-download the entire zip, overwrite the contents in the correct directory for it, then upload the 'new' file once I loaded the league.

Works good now.

Thanks, was downloading but tethered to my Blackberry, takes a while. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a quicker fix.

Todd

Nick,

You might want to make this a sticky (if it isn't already). I downloaded a unzipped this morning and I am back to where I was. A very timely thread by Bryon.

Todd

The game closed and had to end now. When I go in to load a saved game, it is gone. Do I have to redownload the entire zip file, or is there an easier fix? I have a saved game .dat file in the directory, but don't know how to reload it.

Todd

to the left of load saved game is a button for 'restore from backup' or continue saved game, or something like that, when my BSL tab was gone in 'load saved game', I backed out, clicked on that, and it let me restore everything. (Note my BSL zip file was not missing, it was right where it was supposed to be, my bsl gam was just missing in the load saved game tab)

I have a question. I had to re-download the zip file. Can I send it to a flash drive before unzipping? The file takes up so much room on my drive, and I have very little room to spare (at the moment--105MB free).

And a related question for those that might know. I have no idea where all that space is being used up at. I've searched my program files and all my downloads, pictures vidoes and such, and it don't even come close to totaling over 32GB that's being used. What do I look for? I really need to free this space up, and I don't think I need or use whatever it is.

Last edited:
I have a question. I had to re-download the zip file. Can I send it to a flash drive before unzipping? The file takes up so much room on my drive, and I have very little room to spare (at the moment--105MB free).

And a related question for those that might know. I have no idea where all that space is being used up at. I've searched my program files and all my downloads, pictures vidoes and such, and it don't even come close to totaling over 32GB that's being used. What do I look for? I really need to free this space up, and I don't think I need or use whatever it is.

Regarding part one...I would definitely recommend sticking the zip on a backup drive or burning to a CD, just to have a backup if you need it again. I have the zip saved on my desktop. No matter how far along the league gets, just have to unzip the files into the directory and hit update in game.

The second part, what operating system do you use? Windows 7 is a pretty big operating system for a computer that is relatively old (just guessing from the 32 GB hard drive). You might just have too many random junk programs (or games---some of them take up ENORMOUS amounts of space). I have a Dell from 2003 running XP and a 40 GB hard drive. Hoping someday to remedy that with my own custom built machine, but until then, I truck along.

I am currently uploading a newer copy of the zip file. If people need to do folder restores to fix their game, the download will be much bigger (7+ GB on the newer zip, since the old was was from 2009 4ish GB)

However, it has all the team GM changes and whatnot, so if you do download and unzip it, I would recommend stashing the file somewhere if you have a large enough hard drive as it will take a long time to download multiple times on a slower to medium connection.