Official OOTP12 BSL 2.0 Draft Thread - !LIVE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

There are some AMAZING players left of the older variety, so anyone not satisfied with their team at this point can definitely still make themselves a world series contender. No one is out of it after 3 rounds. After 15 players, you can argue about a bad roster, but not 3!

Someone has to take the leap on Bonds, Clemens, Randy Johnson. Sure, they're on medicaid, but they are extremely effective.

Believe me, in the next few rounds, depending on who's left, I might take a senior citizen!

Todd

Jays had a hard time... Flippping the coin a couple times for a veteran pitcher!!!

So the 100th pick... Jays select LF Milton Bradley!!!

I know!!! I did the same thing with my last pick, but I want
the pop in my bat to beat the teams that are eating up the
pitching.. Next owner PM"d..

I am glad to have shored up my middle infield. I was really hoping Balfour would have came back around but o well.

Jays had a hard time... Flippping the coin a couple times for a veteran pitcher!!!

So the 100th pick... Jays select LF Milton Bradley!!!

I know!!! I did the same thing with my last pick, but I want
the pop in my bat to beat the teams that are eating up the
pitching.. Next owner PM"d..

Great pick! Even though I hate Milton Bradley in real life, I was praying he'd be there at my pick. I was really surprised no one took Bradley earlier.

So we just went through 14 picks since 4am this morning...

Lets hope that the upper half of the draft can keep it going!!

Maybe we can wrap this up by the end of January and Kick off in
February... Keep the PM's going and lets keep the ball rolling!

Believe me, in the next few rounds, depending on who's left, I might take a senior citizen!

Todd

The worst part about the way the league is set up is that our minors will not be very well stocked after all available players are drafted. We add 8 rounds of rookies a year, so it will take a few seasons of drafting/trading/signing to round out a decent farm system. Using some veterans that will stick around a year or two for patchwork is definitely a way to shore that up, as long as you realize you'll have to work on replacements sooner than later.

The best part is, the first 3 rookie drafts will be 'real life' players we're all familiar with.

Great pick! Even though I hate Milton Bradley in real life, I was praying he'd be there at my pick. I was really surprised no one took Bradley earlier.

Bradley was a late first round talent. Great value at this point. One of the top 5-tool players that were available. I wanted him in 2nd/3rd, but couldnt' pass the available pitching.

Bradley was a late first round talent. Great value at this point. One of the top 5-tool players that were available. I wanted him in 2nd/3rd, but couldnt' pass the available pitching.

It was hard... I was torn between Bradley or go after a veteran pitcher!!
But figured that Ortiz,Guerrero,Bradley could put a ***** in any teams pitching staff... Pitching is a must in my future picks now!!

Hard to not take one of those bats out there but I need a pitcher to go along with Kazmir. Trying to stay balanced, Slowey is only 22 and has a 88 control rating, has 5 pitches, a couple above 50 the others nothing to write home about but hopefully location will help make up for some of that. He also has good stamina and decent velocity. I hope I didn't take him to early but the starters are falling off quickly.

I like Slowey - had him on my list of next top 2-3 SPs. Young, good ratings and control - a solid guy to have behind Kazmir. Lots of teams need a lot of SPs still, which surprises me. Maybe I'm over-valuing SPs and a solid rotation. Guess we'll see how it turns out. Some teams are heavy on hitting, some go with strong pitching, some take an even mix of both - that's what makes it interesting I guess!

Last edited:
Slowey probably would've been my pick had he got to me, I like pitchers with great control. After thinking about it, maybe I should've taken Andy Sonnanstine over Danks with my 3rd round pick. Both are solid though, in my opinion.

Just goes to show you that you shouldn't rely too heavily on the star ratings on the player page. Slowey was only a three-star pitcher, he probably should've been a four.

can anyone get this thing rolling once again? we have been sitting on this last pick for over 7 hours now and it is a friday! it is not going to get any faster if we don't move it along now. anyone know how to push the ball down the hill faster? thanks!

Back