Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I was reading about this World Series on Wikipedia and I came across the most incredible story about Bob Gibson. He started game 5 and then game 7 on 2 days rest. He was fatigued going into Game 7 so what did he do? He worked quickly to hide his fatigue!!

I know when I am doing physical work, when I get tired I work faster..............or so I say. Doesn't everybody?? LMAO This deal is so Bob Gibson it is unreal. Dude was kind of macho to say the least. Jim Rome said Bob Gibson was the only guest on his TV show that would not allow makeup to be put on him. Make up? Bob Gibson didn't play that!!

Just remember the Bob Gibson philosophy of life. When you are tired.........WORK FASTER! LMAO!!

I see Dodger first baseman Wes Parker hit .319 in 1970. I will never forget the phrase used to descibe him just a few years ealier. I think it was on the back of one of his cards. The said Wes is a great fielder, but "carries a paper bat". After that he did improve. Not a home run hitter, but would drive in a good number of runs too.

I see Dodger first baseman Wes Parker hit .319 in 1970. I will never forget the phrase used to descibe him just a few years ealier. I think it was on the back of one of his cards. The said Wes is a great fielder, but "carries a paper bat". After that he did improve. Not a home run hitter, but would drive in a good number of runs too.
1970 was a career year for him. He never approached those levels before or after. He did however win six consecutive Gold Gloves. Not really sure why he retired at the relatively young age of 32. It doesn't appear to have involved injuries.