Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Many thumbs up on this card for several reasons. First it is vintage football. Secondly it is an AFL card and thirdly it is in my childhood collecting heyday!

Two things stand out in this card. Over a year after he was selected in the 1968 expansion draft by the Bengals, he is still wearing the Bills uniform. Perhaps cameras were hard to come by back in those days? LMAO And that Bengals logo is just awesome! Not the most fearsome looking Bengal tiget ever but certainly the coolest!! Those old NFL and AFL logos were just great. Chieftazmisty's 60s Steelers logo is the best avatar on The Bench.

I'll bet anything The Hawk just did a finger roll with his opponent trying to draw a charge. with Clyde Frazier in the backgound. Hawkins had the biggest hands in the NBA and most of his highlights involved him palming the ball and passing or shooting from there. Truly a one of a kind player.

The 1975-76 Topps Basketball set and I have a love/hate relationship. The love part is It is a very large set for its' era (330 cards) with a lot of cool teams that no longer exist or exist in a differnt form today. There are not many NBA RCs of note in the set (outside of Hawthorne Wingo from Friendship Junior College) but the ABA RCs more than make up for that, Moses Malone, Maurice Lucas, Bobby Jones, Marvin Banes rcs as well as the Fly Willians's rookie card!

The hate part of the relationship is the numbers on the regular player cards are impossible to read! It is black numbers on a dark green backgound and they are a REAL bear to read. It is the toughest set to collate outside o the ridiculous 80-81 tri panel set. But oerall, I just love this set!

What a fantastic back Sims was. Too bad his budding HOF career was cut short by injury. The luck of the Lions struck again.

Because of Billy Sims, I opened up a ton of 1981 Topps football that year and he, not Joe Montana, was by far the #1 RC in the set at the time. Kellen Winslow, Mark Gastineau and even players like Johnny "Lam" Jones were a bigger deal to pull than Montana back then. Hard to believe that was the case but at that time Montana was just a guy.