Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

There are two things I very much want to see again from Dr. J's ABA playing days. One was a Dr. Pepper commercial where he was in a Nets uniform and did a reverse dunk and gave the sales pitch while hanging on the rim. Youtube has a Dr J commecial for Dr. Pepper but it was after his playing days were over.

The second one was a half hour special on Dr. J on one of the New York City stations (WPIX, WNYW or WOR) called "Dr J. Makes a House Call". THis wa a 30 minute higlight reel of a game where Dr. J just decimated the Nets when he was playing for the Virginia Squires. I need to look this one up on YouTube but I'm guessing I won't find one.

Those combo cards from the 60s like this one are just awesome! They always had clever names attatched to them like Buc Belters. and Bird Hill Aces. They almost always were really sharp looking cards too.
My favorite was friendly foes featuring Gil Hodges and Duke Snider. For some dumb reason, I dont own one.... Yet.

Many thumbs up on this card for several reasons. First it is vintage football. Secondly it is an AFL card and thirdly it is in my childhood collecting heyday!

Two things stand out in this card. Over a year after he was selected in the 1968 expansion draft by the Bengals, he is still wearing the Bills uniform. Perhaps cameras were hard to come by back in those days? LMAO And that Bengals logo is just awesome! Not the most fearsome looking Bengal tiget ever but certainly the coolest!! Those old NFL and AFL logos were just great. Chieftazmisty's 60s Steelers logo is the best avatar on The Bench.
What probably happened was Topps hadn’t hired that professional airbrush painter yet. 😂😂