Show a pic of a random card you own thread..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View attachment 92444

Can you believe the '56 Steelers let Johnny Unitas go to keep Ted Marchibroda, and the '57 Steelers had Earl Morrall, Jack Kemp AND Len Dawson!
I'm 99% sure that this 1964 Dawson card is showing him in a Browns uniform from '60 or '61. Topps was kind of lazy in matching the current uniforms with the player which is part of the charm of vintage cards.

I'm 99% sure that this 1964 Dawson card is showing him in a Browns uniform from '60 or '61. Topps was kind of lazy in matching the current uniforms with the player which is part of the charm of vintage cards.
Also using a picture for multiple years, a couple early to mid 60’s Carl Yastrzemski cards come to mind, or they would employ the airbrush artists.

Also using a picture for multiple years, a couple early to mid 60’s Carl Yastrzemski cards come to mind, or they would employ the airbrush artists.
Very true! It seems to have happened a lot in 1968 Topps and 1969 Topps. Yaz, Carew and I think Seaver all had the same pictures except they cropped the 1969s much closer. A least they changed the backs of the cards! LMAO!!