I'm the buyer. Bought a bat with a false COA...how do I cancel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJCloutier

Pro
5.00 star(s)
How do I cancel the transaction? eBay has a unpaid item case open, not the seller. I can't figure out how to close it. I told the seller who's well known for faking things etc. that the COA doesn't match up and I'm not paying. He just stopped responding. Anyone help?

Yeah buddy last time I checked you should do your research on the item and or seller before you bid/buy. Once you bid/buy you are obligated to pay. Why do you think it is ok to bid/buy an item that others may also want and decide that you don't think you have to pay?

Or maybe it's that you just want to waste the guy's time because it sounds like you knew darn well he is known for making fakes before you bid.

carribean WHOAH,
If it was a good faith purchase and the seller faked a cert he is obligated to buy it?
Wanna buy a 52 mantle from me? its black and white and on copy paper but I have a cert.
Let's be real shal we?
TJ take the strike and learn form it but don't pay for it. Or you can calleBay and appeal it

carribean WHOAH,
If it was a good faith purchase and the seller faked a cert he is obligated to buy it?
Wanna buy a 52 mantle from me? its black and white and on copy paper but I have a cert.
Let's be real shal we?
TJ take the strike and learn form it but don't pay for it. Or you can calleBay and appeal it

I think carribean's point is that some research should have been done before the bid was placed. Since TJ hasn't paid for the item, I doubt he received it. Since he hasn't received the item, I doubt he saw anything differently than what was listed in the auction. With a little bit of research beforehand, this all could have been avoided.

Tai

A link to the auction would help clarify things for alot of people. Buyers can't cancel bids without the seller allowing it, they also can't cancel an auction after it has sold, this also has to go with the sellers cooperation in the matter.

TJ: I think it is Ebay's policy to not allow fakes so I don't think it matters when you find out. If Ebay is truly trying to keep the marketplace clean, then they won't care when you found out. A fake is worthless so you shouldn't be paying; especially if you can prove the COA is fake.

I would call Ebay and I'm betting they are not going to make you pay. File a claim on the item and they will give you a phone # and a code that is good for 15 minutes. Use it and explain what happened.

Good luck.

Tom

Just don't pay for it. Take the hit on the NPB and be done with it. It's not like he can leave you a negative feedback or anything. Just don't make a habit of not paying for stuff because eBay will catch up with you and suspend you after so many NPB's.

Yeah buddy last time I checked you should do your research on the item and or seller before you bid/buy. Once you bid/buy you are obligated to pay. Why do you think it is ok to bid/buy an item that others may also want and decide that you don't think you have to pay?

Or maybe it's that you just want to waste the guy's time because it sounds like you knew darn well he is known for making fakes before you bid.

Excuse me for not acknowledging your post, usually I'd take everyone's responses into consideration... even if they had a different view upon a matter... You just clearly criticized me with no proof that I "Knew it was fake and wanted to waste his time." Again, excuse me but here in the United States of America we like to use proof to "prove." Things, hey no kidding right? Where's your proof that I knew that? You're a know it all clearly, by telling me I like to waste my life bidding on things I don't intend to pay for for no reason other then enjoying the suffering in others.

Here's my proof. I plan on taking the strike, I don't really care because I never get these things. Queen-citysportscards. Who was formally ShoelessJoeJackson. Known for faking many things I've come to find out. no I did not know at the time, his feedback seemed decent and was....the COA looked legit and I didn't think I had anything to worry about. Yeah I was wrong but you're right Sir. Yes you, Sir. It's my fault he sold me a falsified autographed bat with a fake COA... I mean him labeling it authentic and it not being authentic is perfectly ok because I didn't googled it for 2 hours to research the guy's screen name.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it, but next time please don't respond. Opinions are welcome but if you're going to be unfairly biased for no reason other then to put me down I wouldn't appreciate it. Thanks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130355714175&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Status
Not open for further replies.