All BSL Owners Read (Old check-in thread w/ example page)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Cory has very kindly made us all a handy dandy guide to what will be required of owners using the OOTP12 Software.

Please peruse this carefully and make sure to bring up any questions.

the .lg file isnt quite ready for you all i dont think. But this way you can read thru what you will need to do in between sims for the league.

http://www.benchsimleague.com/MASTER/bslexample.html

Last edited by a moderator:
A few additional things to add...

The league file will be zipped, but the file is VERY large so expect to take quite a while downloading it. Once the .lg folder is in place, you will not have to download it again.

The NUMBER ONE rule with the OOTP game is ALWAYS know what you're doing before you tell the game to do it. Double, triple check it is exactly what you want to do. You're CANNOT fix 95% of the transactions. If you place someone on waivers, THEY ARE ON WAIVERS. If you release a player, they are GONE and you owe the contract balance!.

Please take the time and read the captions between each screenshot. I tried to walk everyone though the very basics.

Cory

Please respond that you've acknowledged the statements above and read through the example. I don't want anyone down the line telling me they waived a player accidentally or released a young star without meaning to.

I will help everyone through the processes, but it is important that if you don't know, you ask before you do anything!

read and understand... uber excited!

is there an ETA for the .lg file to be available? i assume after we've drafted?

Read and understood.... +1 on the timeline for the .lg file?

Thanks for taking the time to get us all on the same page...
I would recommend placing the example file to our BSL league
forum page under "What is the Bench Sim League? Info & Links".

Thanks Cory and Nick..

Kendall

This is the precursor info for when the draft is done, Technically there isnt much you can do with this info yet other than read thru it to start to grasp how you as an owner will need to set your lineups, roster moves, dl stuff and upload it to the website.

Once the draft is complete and the .lg file is available to everyone it will make more sense.

The first four screen shots will be a one-time deal. Once everyone has the .lg file in place in the correct directory, you will just load the game (like starting on screen shot 5)

I am trying to figure out how to print the off the pages but sure what i need to click on print off the pages

signed
clueless

It's not necessary to print, you can just reference the page when you're moving the files. If you want to print, go to file in your browser and select print which should allow options.

I have read it , and it is in Greek I think! I will get it eventually I know but it is confusing right now, thanks guys for all the hard work. Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.